Cerberus introduction

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerberus

Reaction score
Hey people,

I'm Cerberus, in my 20's, prepper.
Bachelor student, amateur knife maker.

How did I get into prepping ?

Well, lets just say, I started out young liking military and SHTF movies a lot. Did I immediately start prepping? hell no. It started out with a family member teaching me the basics in just survival. Had fun with that. And after a few zombie movies and books too many. I ended up having fun planning defensive efforts against zombies. Having NatGeo on all day didn't help much. before I knew it I was placing myself in these preppers their scenarios against bandits and looters and making defensive plans for if i was in their shoes. I was having a blast doing that.

Meanwhile I slowly started to gear up. Just basic stuff like a Bug-out bag to get out to my Long-term BOL which is a 14 hour drive away, but absolutely perfect for just about anything. (unfortunately studies are a necessity too) This got me into planning for my BOL and Traveling Hazards.

I signed up on an European prepper forum that does not like it when people talk about what defense measures they have in mind. Wrong place for me. I wanted to bounce my ideas off of people who thought of these things too. Ended up here after a long search on google and here I am. I hope to get feedback on my general SHTF plans, get some holes poked into them, patch them up and go for round 2!

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Hey people,

I'm Cerberus, in my 20's, prepper.
Bachelor student, amateur knife maker.

How did I get into prepping ?

Well, lets just say, I started out young liking military and SHTF movies a lot. Did I immediately start prepping? hell no. It started out with a family member teaching me the basics in just survival. Had fun with that. And after a few zombie movies and books too many. I ended up having fun planning defensive efforts against zombies. Having NatGeo on all day didn't help much. before I knew it I was placing myself in these preppers their scenarios against bandits and looters and making defensive plans for if i was in their shoes. I was having a blast doing that.

Meanwhile I slowly started to gear up. Just basic stuff like a Bug-out bag to get out to my Long-term BOL which is a 14 hour drive away, but absolutely perfect for just about anything. (unfortunately studies are a necessity too) This got me into planning for my BOL and Traveling Hazards.

I signed up on an European prepper forum that does not like it when people talk about what defense measures they have in mind. Wrong place for me. I wanted to bounce my ideas off of people who thought of these things too. Ended up here after a long search on google and here I am. I hope to get feedback on my general SHTF plans, get some holes poked into them, patch them up and go for round 2!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome and thanks for joining. I had a dog named Cerberus. Very cool. Anyhow...
Thanks for joining and I hope you find what you're looking for here. We have discussions about defensive measures all the time. The only heat anyones gotten here is for talking about going on the offensive and victimizing others for their prepping supplies- Food, water, etc.

This site is a group of good folks and there's not a whole lot you CAN'T do or say around here as long as it doesn't hurt others. Best of luck and thanks for joining. Please feel free to share your knowledge with us also.

I signed up on an European prepper forum that does not like it when people talk about what defense measures they have in mind. Wrong place for me.
]

There's a lot to be said for OPSEC, but at the same time:
1) There is relative anonymity on the Internet
2) Without revealing your plans, you can't have others criticisms and input
3) If everybody said nothing, no info to share and discuss

I put a thread on here fully revealing the layout of my location, defensive measures, etc. Sure, one could scour Florida for relative landmarks, etc., but on the off chance someone remembers this post years from now, post SHTF, and makes their way to me....well, I'd be more hopeful they'd want to join than blow their head off.

Thing is, I received a LOT of excellent feedback, critique, and suggestions from other members here, and it has only strengthened my defenses. Small price to pay for such good advice.

Latest posts

Back