cell phone hack

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

survivalist

Reaction score
So, the shtf and now all hell is breaking loose! Chances are....your cell phone is not working. Cell phones I think work off satalites ultimately? The towers direct the signal to the satalite? The cell phone carriers/owners of towers bill you lol. This may be a question for Krime....How can you make a cell phone work if the towers and carriers are down? The signal is always there, so there must be a way of making the signal go directly to the satalite. I saw a movie once I think it was called firesale where they did this.
communication will be an utmost importanance, and also a great bartering tool! Think of all the cellphones that will be left behind once they are not of use to people.

So, the shtf and now all hell is breaking loose! Chances are....your cell phone is not working. Cell phones I think work off satalites ultimately? The towers direct the signal to the satalite? The cell phone carriers/owners of towers bill you lol. This may be a question for Krime....How can you make a cell phone work if the towers and carriers are down? The signal is always there, so there must be a way of making the signal go directly to the satalite. I saw a movie once I think it was called firesale where they did this.
communication will be an utmost importanance, and also a great bartering tool! Think of all the cellphones that will be left behind once they are not of use to people.
Great question! I like it!
I agree there should be someway to turn a cellular phone into a Sat. Phone (Satellite Phone).

first off, (imma movie buff) you saw it on the Die Hard 4 movie w/Justin Long as the co-star.
the part your thinking is when (Justin Longs character) the powers down and he hacks the cell phone to direct link to the satelite.
however, i dont think that would actually work in RL, because cell towers are the radio frequency off of which cellphones run off of.
cell towers split frequencies between phone calls, ergo, no tower no phone.
however, you can buy a satelite phone, although there kinda expensive.

i could be wrong on this though, so ill search around a bit to see.

If you had the money you could get a radio from companies like Harris that are capable of satcom but they are not cheap. But they would be more versatile and sturdy than a phone. You can buy basically the same radios the military uses just without the crytpo devices and settings. I think the main issue with having either a SAT phone or a radio with Satcom in a doomsday situation would be your ability to keep it running with limited power resources. Because blasting RF into space takes a little more juice than your average phone or hand held radio.

In a personal conversation with GEN. Russel Honore, he told me that a TEXT message will get through.

Latest posts

Back