Cauterising wounds

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who do you think makes the flu shots? The same companies that make the covid shots that you don't trust. I would not take any flu shots either.
its completely different to the Covid jab, its not Mrna for a start.
I had it last year with no side effects, I'm not anti vax just anti the covid one which isnt a vaccine.
anyway its booked now.

Last edited:
As I said from the start, I'll let other people be the guinea pigs and then decide. The Janssen (J&J) Jab has been looking better and better, and there is enough data now (you REALLY have to dig for it). From what I've read, it works better on Delta than the others. It's not mRNA, so none of those worries. The only people that have a small risk of severe complications are women of child bearing age on the pill. Even including that "at risk" group, the fatality rate for the Janssen Vaccine is 40% lower than the Pfizer. (my math based on current CDC and VAERS data) It makes you feel like crap for a couple days, but it's supposed to. You get jabbed once and two weeks later you are fully vaxxed.

So I finally decided it was time. My decision - based on the best information I could find.

Oh, never had a flu shot, and I can't even remember the last time I had the flu. When my doctor told me he wanted to schedule a flu shot for my, I gave him the "evil eye" LOL. He got the message.

As I said from the start, I'll let other people be the guinea pigs and then decide. The Janssen (J&J) Jab has been looking better and better, and there is enough data now (you REALLY have to dig for it). From what I've read, it works better on Delta than the others. It's not mRNA, so none of those worries. The only people that have a small risk of severe complications are women of child bearing age on the pill. Even including that "at risk" group, the fatality rate for the Janssen Vaccine is 40% lower than the Pfizer. (my math based on current CDC and VAERS data) It makes you feel like crap for a couple days, but it's supposed to. You get jabbed once and two weeks later you are fully vaxxed.

So I finally decided it was time. My decision - based on the best information I could find.

Oh, never had a flu shot, and I can't even remember the last time I had the flu. When my doctor told me he wanted to schedule a flu shot for my, I gave him the "evil eye" LOL. He got the message.

There's something I didn't trust about it, but not recall what it was, specifically.

The recent lawsuits and a name change to "disguise" the company makes me a little wary.

The recent lawsuits and a name change to "disguise" the company makes me a little wary.
I know J&J is NOT as clean as the wind driven snow and has done some shady things in the past.
But Janssen Vaccines has been a subsidiary of J&J for over 20 years. Even though we've been calling it the Johnson&Johnson vaccine, development of the vaccine was all Janssen from the get go. It was developed by Janssen Vaccines in Leiden, Netherlands, and is being produced by Janssen Biotech, also in Leiden, Netherlands.

So there is literally nothing to see there.

I agree.

I've been in healthcare for over 30 years, and I've seen epidemics.

I worked in South Florida when MDR tuberculosis was all over the place, and homeless substance abusers were being infected left and right . . . and it was still nothing like this.

The thing that gets me is the social resistence to the vaccine.

I understand that people don't want to be coerced into taking an unwanted substance into the body, but the unvaccinated that are swamping the hospitals are keeping other people from getting treatment for other problems like cancer and heart disease.

I don't think that people should be tasered and restrained with a 4 point hold while someone injects them, but these unvaccinated patients are indirectly killing other people by consuming medical resources.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this? I don't.

agree with you 100%. I've seen a few breakthrough infections, but usually in people who have gotten pfizer, and have a lot of comorbidities (and are older). I've told my elderly parents to go get a booster now. This variant is crazy. 95% of our patients in the ICU with COVID right now are not vaccinated.

Additionally, we are seeing a lot of post COVID thromboembolic events: stroke, PE, DVT. We have people who are being turned away for very necessary procedures as we are totally full and have no staff. It's important to note that the mandates on staffing have not hit yet, and people have not left yet because they haven't got "the jab". Management at the hospitals are working on exceptions for this, as we are already SO short staffed, ICU nurses are taking 3 patients at a time (completely unsafe).

We need the national guard to set up large tent hospitals, and ship the unvaccinated covid patients there to be taken care of. That way the hospitals can focus on the people who actually need treatment, and not spend hours a day talking to families over and over again. I spend 4+ hours a day trying to explain to families the fibrotic stages of ARDS and why their loved one will never return home. It's exhausting and time consuming, and takes me away from the care of patients who need me.

We have put off people who need surgeries, transplants, etc. Those cannot be safely done in a tent hospital, but it would be easy to have people on vents lined up, sedated, paralyzed and go down the line with proning teams. Care of the covid patient is generally straightforward unless they need dialysis, and now with many hospitals going to crisis care, that won't be happening anyway. The chance of recovery is <1% for an intubated patient, in the ICU, with kidney failure and severe hypoxemic respiratory failure due to COVID-19 pneumonia. I'm sure people will liken it to concentration camps - but we are getting desperate for help and space here folks. We are quickly running out of options.

I know J&J is NOT as clean as the wind driven snow and has done some shady things in the past.
But Janssen Vaccines has been a subsidiary of J&J for over 20 years. Even though we've been calling it the Johnson&Johnson vaccine, development of the vaccine was all Janssen from the get go. It was developed by Janssen Vaccines in Leiden, Netherlands, and is being produced by Janssen Biotech, also in Leiden, Netherlands.

So there is literally nothing to see there.
agree with you 100%. I've seen a few breakthrough infections, but usually in people who have gotten pfizer, and have a lot of comorbidities (and are older). I've told my elderly parents to go get a booster now. This variant is crazy. 95% of our patients in the ICU with COVID right now are not vaccinated.

Additionally, we are seeing a lot of post COVID thromboembolic events: stroke, PE, DVT. We have people who are being turned away for very necessary procedures as we are totally full and have no staff. It's important to note that the mandates on staffing have not hit yet, and people have not left yet because they haven't got "the jab". Management at the hospitals are working on exceptions for this, as we are already SO short staffed, ICU nurses are taking 3 patients at a time (completely unsafe).

We need the national guard to set up large tent hospitals, and ship the unvaccinated covid patients there to be taken care of. That way the hospitals can focus on the people who actually need treatment, and not spend hours a day talking to families over and over again. I spend 4+ hours a day trying to explain to families the fibrotic stages of ARDS and why their loved one will never return home. It's exhausting and time consuming, and takes me away from the care of patients who need me.

We have put off people who need surgeries, transplants, etc. Those cannot be safely done in a tent hospital, but it would be easy to have people on vents lined up, sedated, paralyzed and go down the line with proning teams. Care of the covid patient is generally straightforward unless they need dialysis, and now with many hospitals going to crisis care, that won't be happening anyway. The chance of recovery is <1% for an intubated patient, in the ICU, with kidney failure and severe hypoxemic respiratory failure due to COVID-19 pneumonia. I'm sure people will liken it to concentration camps - but we are getting desperate for help and space here folks. We are quickly running out of options.
I think I'd like to coin a medical term.

An MCI is a mass casualty incident (as you very well know), and we have a mass shooting mass casualty, a chemical spill mass casualty . . . so why don't we speak of COVID 19 as an economic MCI . . . as the technology exists to fix it, but is so intensive in terms of material, space, and manpower . . . that it seems like the factor limiting care is more money issues (in one way or another . . . including businesses that go under, mass unemployment, and so on), is it correct to call it an ongoing economic MCI?

VACCINE KILLS 5 PEOPLE FOR EACH COVID LIFE SAVED.

ITS OVER.

source:
Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee – 9/17/2021
U.S. Food and Drug Administration

Unless you have Betadine to "paint" where the steri-strips will attach (it's quite sticky and helps them adhere. We would also use it to attach EKG leads to patients who were profusely sweating.) They don't stay on for more than 24 hours or so. Best with super glue (which is used in many surgical suites these days). Although the medical grade is sterile.
I bought and tried out on two occasions medical glue that I bought over the internet . It was worthless and wouldn't stick the wounds closed . I plan to buy some over the counter from the hardware store super glue for its replacement . I suppose , I bought the medical glue from an unscrupulous individual . In a medical emergency is a poor time to find out you have been swindled .

I went through this entire thread , but found no answer as to what to do in the very unlikely event a limb should be needed to be cut off , in a situation where outside help and electricity was not available . I have on hand a good bone saw and plenty of knives and even some of those surgical tools for clamping off blood vessels . But the amputated limb I would suspect may cause the patient to bleed out . During the United States Civil war , they were famous for cutting off legs and arms and many of the patients survived . What was their method during the Civil War to keep the patient from bleeding out ?

I'm sure we're all grateful to hollywood for showing us how to do it in 'The Revenant'-

1/2- pack gunpowder into the wound
3/4 - and ignite it
rev-1.jpg
Don't forget Rambo (3) filling a hole through his abdomen with gunpowder and igniting it! I suspected and wife assured me that if the gut shot didn't kill him such foolishness surely would.

I went through this entire thread , but found no answer as to what to do in the very unlikely event a limb should be needed to be cut off , in a situation where outside help and electricity was not available . I have on hand a good bone saw and plenty of knives and even some of those surgical tools for clamping off blood vessels . But the amputated limb I would suspect may cause the patient to bleed out . During the United States Civil war , they were famous for cutting off legs and arms and many of the patients survived . What was their method during the Civil War to keep the patient from bleeding out ?

if you really want to know >>> here's med surgery texts from after that period of time - explains how to cut off just anything ....

http://www.survivorlibrary.com/index.php/8-category/93-library-medical-surgery 1900-1922
http://www.survivorlibrary.com/index.php/8-category/94-library-medical-surgery 2

Get proper training, use the right supplies, or improvised bandages, and skip the Hollywood fantasy.
Speaking of Hollywood, or Leningrad... Watch Dead Man's Letters (1986) and imagine surviving a traumatic amputation in those conditions. We have NO CLUE what Hell would await us from a full exchange...But I am an eternal pessimest.

I always remember the story of Colin Powell going down in a helo crash, and he saved the lives of others, one by pinching his bleeding artery until better help came. Seems that is priority number one in a severe accident. I'm still reading for priority number two...

Latest posts

Back