Caprisun Mini Meal

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkelly91

Reaction score
Not sure if this is something up on these forums but its a pretty cool little trick I picked up from another site. If it's already here please let me know and I'll put anything I think I can add on that post. If you have kids who like to drink Caprisun or you like them (no judging I love those little bastards) then this should come in handy. Instead of dumping all of those Caprisun containers in the trash you can use them for single serving meals. It's pretty quick and pretty easy to do.

What you will need:
Caprisun pouches
Scissors, exacto blade, knife, scalpel etc.
Hair Straightening Iron
Something to sterilize with
Rice, Beans, Dehydrated foods, whatever you know will last in it
Silica Packets
Paper Towels

Step 1:
Cut the top of the pouch off just below the drink spout opening.

Step 2:
Clean and sterilize the pouch and let dry.

Step 3:
Fill halfway with whatever is going to be your food and add Silica Pack

Step 4:
Make 1/8-1/4" fold at top

Step 5:
Use straightening iron to seal the pouch. I use the paper towels hear slightly dampened so I don't ruin my wifes straightening iron haha.

And Voila you now have your mini meal ready to go. I am going to add to this post in the next week or so with pictures for each step and some more side stuff in it I personally do. Also look out for the Caprisun Emergency Blanket how to I will be posting. Thanks for the time and good luck.

not sure.but i think caprie pouches have been mentioned before..but yet still a great idea..and im interested to see what ideas others come up with...

Yes, I went the mylar bag route for a few things.

In retrospect, it doesn't matter too much to me, since I intend on bugging in and have buckets with gamma lids filled with stuff. Once I crack these buckets open, I don't expect it to perish too quickly. Perhaps I haven't thought it through enough.

Gamma lids all the way. Cost more, but worth it. :cool:

Saw something new to add to BOBs the other day.
In the soup aisle, were these packs of dry soup mix. Basically, like really good, gourmet soups, just add to boiling water, etc. Expiration date was only about 2 years, but I bet the veggie only ones would last even longer. Still, beats Spam, hehe....and price was less than a dehydrated meal.

Not sure if this is something up on these forums but its a pretty cool little trick I picked up from another site. If it's already here please let me know and I'll put anything I think I can add on that post. If you have kids who like to drink Caprisun or you like them (no judging I love those little bastards) then this should come in handy. Instead of dumping all of those Caprisun containers in the trash you can use them for single serving meals. It's pretty quick and pretty easy to do.

What you will need:
Caprisun pouches
Scissors, exacto blade, knife, scalpel etc.
Hair Straightening Iron
Something to sterilize with
Rice, Beans, Dehydrated foods, whatever you know will last in it
Silica Packets
Paper Towels

Step 1:
Cut the top of the pouch off just below the drink spout opening.

Step 2:
Clean and sterilize the pouch and let dry.

Step 3:
Fill halfway with whatever is going to be your food and add Silica Pack

Step 4:
Make 1/8-1/4" fold at top

Step 5:
Use straightening iron to seal the pouch. I use the paper towels hear slightly dampened so I don't ruin my wifes straightening iron haha.

And Voila you now have your mini meal ready to go. I am going to add to this post in the next week or so with pictures for each step and some more side stuff in it I personally do. Also look out for the Caprisun Emergency Blanket how to I will be posting. Thanks for the time and good luck.
This is a great idea on repurposing an item and for those of you have kids who like these, why not!! Lord knows they are expensive enough already so better to get a second use out of them. I'm past the capri sun stag now, but I remember buying these back in the day for school lunches.

Latest posts

Back