Canning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you can cheese? I'd like to learn!

I‘ve canned many types of cheese. Who wants to go through a really really hard time without cheese? These are the types you can do below. Just keep in mind that any cheese that is on the hard side won’t melt and therefore is unsafe to can.

Butter. (Much cheaper to can yourself!)
Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack, Colby and Cream Cheese.

Which would you like the instructions to first?

I'll take any and all recipes anyone wants to send. I was surprised to hear you can water bath can it though...but I trust y'all more experienced!

I'll try it out on old larry first! Lol...😁😉
You can always pressure can if you feel safer. I learned from an old member here Old Anorak. I miss seeing her here.

Here are some links to what I’ve used over the years to can cheese, cream cheese and butter. Make sure you kill all germs on your implements and keep your hands clean and covered. No short cuts.

Sharp Cheddar (use Mild Cheddar! And Cream Cheese…

Canning Butter…

http://www.christianhomekeeper.com/canning-butter/

See Dani’s instructions above to make your own
ReCanning 10# cans of Nacho Cheese…

Canning Velvetta…

https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/how-to-can-cheese-and-butter/

Personally, I cover in my pressure canner and boil hard for 40 minutes.

Here are some links to what I’ve used over the years to can cheese, cream cheese and butter. Make sure you kill all germs on your implements and keep your hands clean and covered. No short cuts.

Sharp Cheddar (use Mild Cheddar! And Cream Cheese…

Canning Butter…

http://www.christianhomekeeper.com/canning-butter/

See Dani’s instructions above to make your own
ReCanning 10# cans of Nacho Cheese…

Canning Velvetta…

https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/how-to-can-cheese-and-butter/

Personally, I cover in my pressure canner and boil hard for 40 minutes.

Thanks, GP! Half of our family can't have cheese but the other half will really appreciate this!

Today I canned 4 pints of asparagus, 4 pints of whole baby carrots, 7 more quarts of combination of more kielbasa, brats, brats with cheddar cheese, and regular, uncured beef hot dogs, some chicken and pork dogs, ( for my border collies), and little smokies, and I did 7 pints of bread and butter pickles.

Office is closed tomorrow, so I am going to can chicken, after that, frozezn corn and whatever other veggies I can throw in for same canning time. I am clearing up room in the freezer/s!

I changed mind, pulled the ground beef out of freezer after work this eve. Gonna try n get it canned tomorrow after work...not sure what I'll can yet this weekend..but I could use instruction on processing beef fat...as I do have some vacuum sealed in bags in freezer...not sure what to do with it or how. I guess I could look online and you tube but will take any advice y'all have..

I changed mind, pulled the ground beef out of freezer after work this eve. Gonna try n get it canned tomorrow after work...not sure what I'll can yet this weekend..but I could use instruction on processing beef fat...as I do have some vacuum sealed in bags in freezer...not sure what to do with it or how. I guess I could look online and you tube but will take any advice y'all have..
How are you processing your beef? I honestly like to cook up first as in pan fry crumbles , then add into jars. You can add in water, beef broth or even tomato juice to add in flavor.

I've only canned ground beef and cut up roasts n other beef cuts......I cook just til pink then put in the jars and process in pressure canner 1:15 min..for pints.

I've never processed just beef fat...that's what I need to learn how to do. I have quite a bit of beef fat from roasts and excess from other beef cuts put away in freezer...not sure how to process that correctly..

Latest posts

Back