Canning Jar Lid Availability

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtDiva

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
For those of you canners out there I have been purchasing Ball jar lids for the last couple weeks and they seem to again be on the shelves in our area Walmart with no limits thus far to my knowledge.

Also there seems to be some competition in this area also with new brands out there.

Lehman's Amish Store in Ohio is now handling a new brand made in Ohio called Superb.
From what I have read this brand is US made in Ohio and is heavier weight with a heavier blue rubber seal. AT Lehman's they are priced at 60 for $19.99 small mouth (.33 each )and 60 for $26.99 large mouth (.45 each). They are also available on amazon I think.

100057681_SuperbCanningLids_v4_1000.jpg

Harvest Guard reusable canning lids also US made are running at $38.00 for 50 of the small mouth (.76 each) and $42.00 for 50 of the large mouth (.84 each) including rubbers. Tattler lids are similar in design and price.

Ball canning lids are running about 2.97 small mouth (.25 each ) at the local Walmart and 3.18 wide mouth (.27 each) and they even have some Golden Harvest available small mouth 1.97.

There is also a new Chinese company in on the act now called Denali offering jars and lids as well. Have read some scary stories of inferior lids though so beware.

Dollar General for years sold Golden Harvest but I read that they will be selling an alternate new brand this year as well. I am sure again a Chinese knock off if I had to guess.

Anyone else seen any others out there?

I do suggest you plan ahead because if you wait till harvest you may not find them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back