Can anyone help?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabatha Jo Ewart

Reaction score
I am a woman that is on a limited income and I am freaking out because I don't have the extra money to get me start on preparing. I do believe in preparing and I want to survive. I don't even have the extra money to buy the survival books. I watch shows on prepping but I down have anyone on my side to help me. Please if someone have some compassion to guide me in the right direction or maybe help I would appreciate it. Just because I don't have money doesn't mean I deserve to no to survive what ever is coming soon. I am willing to barter or work something off. Thank you for understanding.

Welcome to the forum and I say the easiest thing to buy is cheap food like the dollar stuff and just put 20$ a paycheck away for stuff like 1minute rice or any of the just add water stuff it's pretty cheap you don't need to buy 6 dollar MREs or even those 80 survival buckets.

Welcome to the forum and I say the easiest thing to buy is cheap food like the dollar stuff and just put 20$ a paycheck away for stuff like 1minute rice or any of the just add water stuff it's pretty cheap you don't need to buy 6 dollar MREs or even those 80 survival buckets.

thank you. the food supply is okay. I am freezing and dehyrating items and getting water and gasoline but what I what I am concerned about it where to go. I live in a trailer out in the country. I have no one to go too besides everyone thinks I am crazy.

I am a woman that is on a limited income and I am freaking out because I don't have the extra money to get me start on preparing. I do believe in preparing and I want to survive. I don't even have the extra money to buy the survival books. I watch shows on prepping but I down have anyone on my side to help me. Please if someone have some compassion to guide me in the right direction or maybe help I would appreciate it. Just because I don't have money doesn't mean I deserve to no to survive what ever is coming soon. I am willing to barter or work something off. Thank you for understanding.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

You have come to the right place for help! I say this as we have all kinds of people on here who are extremely good at prepping on a tight budget. Do you or some one you know have a costco membership? if so thy sell 35, 16oz bottles of water for about $4.00. I agree with Fordrocks1986 about the .99 stores.

I hope this helps gets you started.

Please do not hesitate to ask anyone a question. We are all here to help one another.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

If you are in the country, and everyone already thinks you are crazy, then you are 2 steps ahead of many instantly.

Have you made any type of bug out bag or first aid kit ? There is a lot of expensive gear, but you would be amazed at what you can use with what you all ready have. What do you need to prep ? Give us some insight on what you need, then we can help you further.

Welcome Tabatha!

i am dirt freaken poor myself!
yet a few dollars goes alooong way in the prepping world. heres some examples of stores and what you can buy:

99¢only stores:
cheap swiss army knives
sewing kits
super glue
medical gear (bandaids, foot/arm wraps, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, asprin, pain reliever, etc)
the 99¢ only store is a warehouse of usefull DD idems, and best part, their only $1.

e-bay:
you may have to look through many pages to find what you want at the right price but theres cheap useful idems, remember to click "free shipping" and never buy from China, youll be lucky if it comes.
ive bought:
knives $8, 4 mylar blankets $5, hydration bladder $8, paracord $4/25ft, but theres aloooot more, you can usual
y get about 3 useful idems for $20, i use a wal-mart pay credit card via PayPal.

Harbor Frieght:
magniesium & flint $2
8" Rambo style survival knife w/kit (fishing, sewing, matches, compass) $8.99+tax

Wal-Mart:
fishing equipment, winchester bowie ($20)

if you want anything cheap, let us know, we'll find it if you cant!

Welcome Tabatha!

i am dirt freaken poor myself!
yet a few dollars goes alooong way in the prepping world. heres some examples of stores and what you can buy:

99¢only stores:
cheap swiss army knives
sewing kits
super glue
medical gear (bandaids, foot/arm wraps, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, asprin, pain reliever, etc)
the 99¢ only store is a warehouse of usefull DD idems, and best part, their only $1.

e-bay:
you may have to look through many pages to find what you want at the right price but theres cheap useful idems, remember to click "free shipping" and never buy from China, youll be lucky if it comes.
ive bought:
knives $8, 4 mylar blankets $5, hydration bladder $8, paracord $4/25ft, but theres aloooot more, you can usual
y get about 3 useful idems for $20, i use a wal-mart pay credit card via PayPal.

Harbor Frieght:
magniesium & flint $2
8" Rambo style survival knife w/kit (fishing, sewing, matches, compass) $8.99+tax

Wal-Mart:
fishing equipment, winchester bowie ($20)

if you want anything cheap, let us know, we'll find it if you cant!
Well done Krime!
You are the go to for bargains!

the only thing to remember is:
buy cheap, expect cheap.
only buy cheap for who gives a crap idems.
for example
i buy shiity $1 store swiss army knives, but if thats going to be your only knife, spend the extra for a good one.
or:
water filters, if your life depends on the water quality, and it will, do you want a cheap filter you dont trust with your life?
if you buy cheap, only buy what you dont mind being cheap, for the crusial need to be the best to live stuff, spend the extra cash.

Latest posts

Back