Camping trailers ( caravans in English)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
number 7 isn't so bad either,with the weathered look it has,looks old,mis-used and derelict ;) 3 gives you access to water,thats a very big plus.

#7 is a "Tiny House", they are getting very popular these days. #9 is an Aussie camper that I've looked at before, all store-bought campers are too expensive for me though :(, so as usual I'll be building my own soon.

I think bugging out in a camper is a valid option if you have the skills to live off the land, but you have to paint them a darker colour, white sticks out in the bush like dog's balls, you can see a white vehicle for MILES.

#7 is a "Tiny House", they are getting very popular these days. #9 is an Aussie camper that I've looked at before, all store-bought campers are too expensive for me though :(, so as usual I'll be building my own soon.

I think bugging out in a camper is a valid option if you have the skills to live off the land, but you have to paint them a darker colour, white sticks out in the bush like dog's balls, you can see a white vehicle for MILES.
Yeah, with the price of new campers it's either build it yourself or stay in a motel! I've actually camped in my car several times. Luckily the seats fold down and it's reasonably comfortable. I wouldn't mind getting a full sized van again and do a little customizing on it. I am kind of tied to the animals and gardening here, so it's tough to get away for more than three days, so I'm not too eager to go out and buy anything just now.

If any of you guys on any of the other continents are thinking about building your own bug out or leisure camper van I highly recommend you get a copy of the absolute best book on the subject its called TRAVEL VANS by John Speed.

we spent our honeymoon in the back of a small Bedford Rascal van, we have both lived in caravans(not mobile homes or park homes) for several years, I quite fancy one of those teardrop trailers, if I had the land I'd like one of those Airstream jobbies.

Number 10 has a pop out car!

I have at least 3 major RV lots pretty close to us, so come SHTF, I have some er..uh..."shopping" options.....

I was going to say something like that, why buy one when you can take one for a 'test-drive'.
There are other 'useful' locations that would be good to take note of when the SHTF if you get what I mean...

Okay, and I thought we had the market on Red Necks in the South...looks like N.Z are kinfolk. :)

Even funnier would be someone sitting in the trailers...screaming...get your "hots here!" or they be throwing over the fence to the fans as an extra added bonus...here in Texas, we'd be throwing corny dogs or burritos!

A shame you don't live in the U.S. You can download USGS maps for free and have them printed at Kinko's.

Over here, OS (Ordinance Survey) produce the best maps, to a scale of 1:2500. They're the only producers of maps to that scale. They do many different scales
OS Maps

I've ordered myself an OS map of my surrounding area and will be scouring Google Maps and marking the map of the location of any useful location, such as where I can obtain certain items when the SHTF.

Do you re-transposed those markings on handheld maps in case of losing the use of an electrical device?

A lot of money and comfort (in normal times) though I'm not so sure driving around in/with luxury in a post-shtf would be very smart to say the least, kindly throws out the gray-man idea. I'll stick with my tents or tarps. I'm really partial with not making myself a target in a post-shtf situation ;)

Latest posts

Back