camping in east texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some people that are camping this weekend. I would have loved to gone, but had too many things I wanted to accomplish here. I am about to build a dining room table, so I spent the day planing a stack of walnut boards I've had for ages now. I thought it was going to be three hours, and turned out an all day project. My hands are stained dark, and all the scrubbing in the shower didn't do much, oh well. I have stacks of lumber, but the walnut is my prized possession. It is heavy, hard to work with, and toxic to breathe, but it makes the most beautiful and durable furniture in the world. I'll post some Picts as I start my new table. I really enjoy making things, even if it is a lot of work.

this here,be one of those i aint worried about it moments..so if it rains or not.either way.i aint worried about it..

well..i'll see all yall on thursday..that is if i survive the rain n all..lol..all yall have a great time..

well..i'll see all yall on thursday..that is if i survive the rain n all..lol..all yall have a great time..
I hope you don't wash away Jim! Just saw 5 inches likely in lots of Texas. I wish I could get a little here. I've been moving the sprinkler all over the place trying to keep things green.

i came back yesterday evening for a few reasons.,instead of today.1st reason,is i failed to make sure that the tent dont leak before i left.and yes it did leak..lol...but not to badly...plus i forgot a few items,by mistake..but yet,other then that..things did go alright.and i learned some from it.and one thing i learned..is grad said item when i think of it.like a pillow..lol

Last edited:
I can sleep without a matress, blanket, on the bare ground, i even slept wile my fox hole was filling up with nast ### jungle water. But i have to have a pillow of some sort. Even a bundled jacket or tarp will do. Its just one of those things i guess...

i came back yesterday evening for a few reasons.,instead of today.1st reason,is i failed to make sure that the tent dont leak be i left.and yes it did leak..lol...but not to badly...plus i forgot a few items,by mistake..but yet,other then that..things did go alright.and i learned some from it.and one thing i learned..is grad said item when i think of it.like a pillow..lol
I'm just glad you didn't drown dude!

me too..guess it's a good thing that i didn't go swimming in that lake.. i made my self a make sift pillow thoe.by takeing my bath towel n rolling it up.then wraped a t-shirt around it.that worked pretty good..

well im a lil better prepared for camping now.and i feel like camping out the first part,of next month..but aint decided yet.

Latest posts

Back