Camper's and RV's.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
however living in a WOODEN gypsy type caravan when I was off grid was a completely different kettle of fish very enjoyable.
and I've lived in one room before-for a YEAR, its called a bed sit over here.

I have lived in my camper for a few weeks at a time but that was on the property and I was out working, building a workshop/storage unit as well as water supply, that sort of stuff. In the evening it was actually a relief to crawl inside, make a hot meal and read a book before bed. I guess if you have a purpose and something constructive to fill your day it makes a difference, but to just live in a tiny house or caravan would drive me to distraction. I need a lot of space, or am used to it. And I love a big deck to get out on and watch the sky and trees from.

yes when I was off grid I was working outside, growing my own food which took a lot of my time, I also built a wooden workshop shed from scrap timber. I'm on my own a lot now.
The recent lock downs over here have given a lot of people mental health problems, not seeing other people for maybe several months, I'm used to being on my own I'm not gregarious by nature the opposite in fact I cant stand other people so being alone has no fears for me.

I'm trying out my Jayco flight this weekend. Its a nice little trailer. Small, but has everything I need. It will be good enough to live in temporary, if we have to bug out to our other property.
When we finished our 6 month trial at the end of June, my wife insisted that since I NEVER take any vacation (she's right!) that I needed to take two weeks off.
I reluctantly left my grocery in the hands of my assistant manager (she did just fine!) and dumped all my other stewardships on the alternates (they did just fine too! No surprise...that's how it's supposed to work.)
A good friend has a 2020 Winnebago Travato that we borrowed and we traveled up the east coast and lived out of it for two weeks! It was very luxurious to have a toilet on board. I wasn't too impressed by the solar but as my wife said, "beggars can't be choosers" and "it's NOT your job to fix EVERYTHING you think isn't the way you think it should be!"
I also thought the bed should have a slide-out on the side of the RV as it was a little narrow for two...oh yeah, shut up Dave!
Still a lot of fun to get out and be self contained. Great refrigerator and AC unit!

Our 21 foot trailer has not been moved since we bugged out of Germany back in Aug of 2020. I spend a few nights in it if I am arguing with the wife and we avoid each other that way, we both have it harder here than we thought it would be. Too far from the kids and not enough friends yet makes it hard going...we need to get out and enjoy life a bit more if possible and not do so much building and work around the house and yard.

Our first camping trip was fun and successful. My grandson had a blast with Halloween themed weekend. I did order me a rv queen mattress topper. I won't sleep on that hard bed again.

1016211729.jpg

We were camping this past weekend as well. It was the second of their two Halloween weekends. Haven't seen that many kids trick or treating since I was a kid! Low temps but good times.

Attachments

• 20210716_181549[1].jpg
    20210716_181549[1].jpg
    6 MB · Views: 11
When we finished our 6 month trial at the end of June, my wife insisted that since I NEVER take any vacation (she's right!) that I needed to take two weeks off.
I reluctantly left my grocery in the hands of my assistant manager (she did just fine!) and dumped all my other stewardships on the alternates (they did just fine too! No surprise...that's how it's supposed to work.)
A good friend has a 2020 Winnebago Travato that we borrowed and we traveled up the east coast and lived out of it for two weeks! It was very luxurious to have a toilet on board. I wasn't too impressed by the solar but as my wife said, "beggars can't be choosers" and "it's NOT your job to fix EVERYTHING you think isn't the way you think it should be!"
I also thought the bed should have a slide-out on the side of the RV as it was a little narrow for two...oh yeah, shut up Dave!
Still a lot of fun to get out and be self contained. Great refrigerator and AC unit!
You’ve got great friends.

I sold my feather light toy hauler to buy something smaller, but I have yet to find what I want. It needs to be no more than 7 feet wide which they call a narrow track trailer but they don’t make them anymore.

We picked up a 20ft Lance a couple years ago.
It's a true all season camper with insulated water tank,gray water tank as well as a insulated black water tank.
It has all the bells and whistles but they sure are proud of them. The only thing nicer is the Airstream.
We paid 39K for it new but it's well worth it. It automatically closes the awning if the wind picks up and it has a porcelain thrown rather than plastic.
It even came with a Sealy mattress.
It even has dual pane windows.

1A44F883-EF22-4815-89D3-C210C13C6D5A.jpeg

03C30F56-E687-4B5A-8AF0-E1A9066A9E74.jpeg

AC6F09D6-1A40-4B5E-A10E-20AF06D9F7EA.jpeg
4337C07A-6AD9-4CA1-9C34-5798DB58C3E1.jpeg
4CBF62DF-9FC4-42A8-BD66-43DD00857F5E.jpeg

E5CCDCA6-B91C-44E3-B751-F7413D78ADAD.jpeg

63BBE85B-2548-4A7F-A1AE-D89EA01F3E5B.jpeg

Last edited:
We picked up a 20ft Lance a couple years ago.
It's a true all season camper with insulated water tank,gray water tank as well as a insulated black water tank.
It has all the bells and whistles but they sure are proud of them. The only thing nicer is the Airstream.
We paid 39K for it new but it's well worth it. It automatically closes the awning if the wind picks up and it has a porcelain thrown rather than plastic.
It even came with a Sealy mattress.

View attachment 15683

View attachment 15684

View attachment 15685View attachment 15686View attachment 15687

View attachment 15688

View attachment 15689
Really nice set up! Puts my 17’ Coleman to shame! I went with a lighter camper so I can pull it with my V6 without needing to get a new tow vehicle. The Coleman is lighter but I’m not thrilled with the build quality. Of course I spent a lot less for a 2 yr old unit too. Everything in life involves compromise. I spent the last few weeks changing a lot of the stuff to make it more capable for boondocking and increasing storage capacity. I quadrupled the electrical capacity by switching to Lithium batteries but had to change out the electrical panel and add a DC to DC charger to get my car’s alternator to charge it as well. Also added a portable solar panel to help a little and two additional LP tanks. We are about to take a big trip with it after a couple trial runs that we’re close to home. I hope you get some good use out of yours!

I am really envious of the large fridge!

When we started shopping we had a few must haves and a decent sized fridge was one of them.
The oven is another plus,you can fit a turkey in it easily.
And of course the Wife insisted we have a real bathroom,the shower is pretty tight though.
I use the outdoor shower more than the indoor one.

Latest posts

Back