Camper's and RV's.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I had to live in one for months at a time in really bad weather, I'd prefer a big tent. I've stayed in RVs and campers before, and after a few days they smell like old farts and rancid food. Just can't air them out. About ten years ago I bought one of these to store extra hay, and now if I'm outdoors for more than about a week I use one as a portable cabin. It's got a real frame and is practically unbreakable. Weighs about a hundred pounds but that's not much unless you're a wimp. Goes up in about thirty minutes and is easy to move if necessary.
10 ft. x 17 ft. Portable Garage

I just recently bought one of those off of Craigslist for $100 brand new in the box still sealed. It was kind of a pain in the ### to put together and time consuming. I am sure it would be better in time with taking down and putting back up. FYI, there are no windows. The zippered door is pretty good, well made.

Interesting idea-

bov014.jpg

I'm looking at GeoPro campers right now. There are a couple of them that have my interest piqued.
This one (G16BH) makes great use of space with a 6 cu ft fridge AND a mini fridge, two single beds and a double bed, a full bathroom with separate shower and a lot of external storage. The GVWR is 3961 pounds which means I don't even need my truck to tow it. My Mercury has a 5000 pound tow capacity.
G16BH.jpg

And this one (G19TH) is a mini toy hauler!
ImageHandler.ashx

Last edited:
The wife and I have started looking at a teardrop trailer from Bushwacker. I want to get something around 15 foot that I can pull behind my Rubicon. We both hate camping but we wanted something that we can drag up to the high mountain lakes around here. Or maybe over to the coast.
From what I've read, the Rubicon only has a towing capacity of 2000 pounds. The 13' Bushwacker Teardrop has a dry weight of 1300 lbs and a GVWR of 2200. That is about all you will be able to pull. I don't think anyone makes a 15' light enough.
You might be better off with a pop up camper.

From what I've read, the Rubicon only has a towing capacity of 2000 pounds. The 13' Bushwacker Teardrop has a dry weight of 1300 lbs and a GVWR of 2200. That is about all you will be able to pull. I don't think anyone makes a 15' light enough.
You might be better off with a pop up camper.
Yeah a tent trailer would work better for this Jeep. But I'm also looking at trading it in on a 4 door Rubicon with a diesel engine. It should have a higher towing capacity.

none of those would fit down our narrow rural lanes and you'd have to use regular caravan parks.
The little trailer I'm looking at would probably fit, its only 15 feet long. It'll make down most of the roads around here. But many of our back country roads are too steep and narrow for any type of trailer. Thats when I'd park the trailer and disconnect the Jeep.

Most people in this country never get their monster RV's off the main highways. Plus they can only fit them in specially made RV parks.
When we first moved on to this property I bought a 35 foot RV trailer to live in while we were building the house. Had a hard time getting it up our driveway. Once winter came around it just about broke on propane for heat and gasoline for the generator. Kept it for one year, sold it, and moved in to the fur shed for another year until the house was built.

May want to rethink your diet and bathing habits...
Neither of which will affect the smell of frying bacon or whatever else is being cooked or stored in the thing. Mix in the toilet that most owners want and the fact that everything has to be bolted down so it won't slide around while you're driving and you can only clean them thoroughly by taking them apart.
It's like when you walk into a house where people have indoor pets; birds, cats, rat dogs, etc. They get used to the stink, but anyone who doesn't live like that can't wait to get out.

Latest posts

Back