Camper's and RV's.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love a little pop up but I don’t know how well I could pull anything with a Toyota 4runner- and I don’t want to spend $$$$ on a pick up

Dont like towed trailers, I prefer AO vehicles

2f4e24b775aa8dba6925a7f907c2e248.png
DSC05515.jpg
4379f22e3903fbd0eafb10c8b3dc36f0--volkswagen-syncro-westfalia-camper (Large).jpg
ses-1.png

In my area, campers and the like are useless in a crisis, too many mountains and too steep mountain roads.
Since I would be a really mean guy in a crisis I would prepare such a camper with any things like the video from the post above and put the cart somewhere good.
If I then sit in the mountain forest I can then watch well as a few left-wing do-gooders who mock me all the time in my preparations fly over the Jordan when you crack the camper.

Yes, an bug out in our mountains isn't an comfy thing with A/C and hard roof over the waterbed 😂
Personally my setup for an bug out are smaller vehicles which i even can use on hiking trails and my "bed" is covered with an tent.
But a kind of steahlt camper is still on my wish-to-have list. If you go older you would start to love more comfort.

Well I still want a Bremach, Pinzgaur or Alrad Christ compact 4x4 overlander, but would settle for an Iveco Daily 4x4 ( bloody Aussies get the best Ivecos)

I live in Montana. I worked offshore out of Houma, Louisiana. I used to fly a lot but figured out that I would save money buying a motor home. It worked out pretty well. One word of advice. If you want to see what motorhome living is all about. Take your family and pets and an electric frying pan and an ice chest and spend a weekend in your bathroom.

I live in a 2006 28' bumper tow travel trailer for work. Usually most of the year with me going home about every 20-30 days for a week. I love my man cave. I have been mulling over using it for a bug out shelter but I really think its best to travel light, so if SHTF, I'm gonna set it on fire and run like hell.

This is our travel trailer. Both myself and my wife were tent campers but past 60 we wanted more comfort. Before COVID our plans were to use the trailer once a month and we stayed close to that schedule minus a few missed trips for repairs. As soon as my foot heals from surgeryView attachment 12007, and we get our COVID shots we plan to hit the road again. We have lived for a week or two in the travel trailer. We named it "Escape Pod"
I am trying to get my wife to see the benefit and fun of having a trailer. I have a Ram 2500 with a Cummins but nothing to tow..... As a former cross country truck driver I love the open road.

Latest posts

Back