Camp ovens.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a Coleman camp oven years back but it disappeared.
I ordered a new one today and It looks exactly like the 70's model.
I do cook cornbread in my dutch oven and it comes out perfect!!
I wanted a new oven I can use over my single burner propane stove.
Anyone else have experience with this unit?

Last edited:
We cook - during camptime - mostly in Dutch ovens - for numbers up to 15 people (until now). The variety of meals you can conjure in this potts is huge. We usually work with direct fire or embers. Coal or a special heater can be also used. After our last camp I made a nice stew in my DO just right on my kitchenstove.

we had a Coleman oven back in the 60s - it was a solid box and didn't collapse like the newer ones - tooo much of a pain to very practical - we'd put it over two of the lite burners on our 3 burner suitcase Coleman >> worked good - could bake a pie or cake - great for heating up casserole dishes or German potato salad ....

We cook - during camptime - mostly in Dutch ovens - for numbers up to 15 people (until now). The variety of meals you can conjure in this potts is huge. We usually work with direct fire or embers. Coal or a special heater can be also used. After our last camp I made a nice stew in my DO just right on my kitchenstove.

We use cast iron as well. I can make some sweet cornbread that'll knock your socks off.
It comes out around 4 inches thick and is moist and tasty.

we had a Coleman oven back in the 60s - it was a solid box and didn't collapse like the newer ones - tooo much of a pain to very practical - we'd put it over two of the lite burners on our 3 burner suitcase Coleman >> worked good - could bake a pie or cake - great for heating up casserole dishes or German potato salad ....

The only shortfall we found in our old unit which I'm sure pertains to the new ones since they're exactly the same was baking in cold weather.
We toss a welding blanket over it to make sure it holds temp.

Latest posts

Back