California green energy - Oops

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Of course “backup” and “insurance” means additional cost to the tax payer.. PATHETIC

California Gov. Gavin Newsom said Monday that the state had to “sober up” about the fact that renewable energy sources had failed to provide enough power for the state at peak demand, and needed “backup” and “insurance” from other sources.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-sober-up-about-green-renewable-energy-flaws/

These rolling blackouts they are having are just reassurance of my belief that our grid is not as secure as most think. Solar isn’t cheap, but it is a lot cleaner and is the best backup power security out there. I am greatful I have begun to get my power needs switched over. As far as batteries go, with AGM you’re going to get 5yrs at best. Lithium can go ten. Neither are going to last forever, but nothing in life does. I still believe it is worth the effort to become as energy independent as possible.

These rolling blackouts they are having are just reassurance of my belief that our grid is not as secure as most think. Solar isn’t cheap, but it is a lot cleaner and is the best backup power security out there. I am greatful I have begun to get my power needs switched over. As far as batteries go, with AGM you’re going to get 5yrs at best. Lithium can go ten. Neither are going to last forever, but nothing in life does. I still believe it is worth the effort to become as energy independent as possible.

So with you on all that Brent! You’ve done a great job of putting in your solar too. As well as being kind enough to share the knowledge. Can’t imagine you will ever be sorry you’ve installed your solar system!

I've been off grid for 20 years, yeah it costs but when the area has a blackout I don't even know unless a neighbour tells me.

And solar gets cheaper every year, the grid get more and more expensive.
We have a 29% rebate (tax credit) this year on the cost of solar. Unfortunately our president is doing away with it.... that helps right now though. The panels have come down a lot but the big costs are the batteries for storage. When both pricing comes down and a better/longer technology Solar will be both more affordable and a better option.

The Federal Tax Credit for solar is 26% this year I believe. The program has been going on for some years. Thankfully solar panels are coming down in price while going up in power. With the Chinese flu affecting our economy so badly, I look for more tax credits to disappear. Of course if biden gets in, he has promised Trillions in New Taxes. Oh joy. Small businesses will no doubt take the brunt of it as biden’s funding buddies will get wording in the bill to leave them out of paying.

I believe in renewable energy . . . and for reasons other than global climate change.

Some nations in the mideast use our oil profits to fund terrorism.

If we can get completely on renewable energy, then we can tell the mideast where they can stick their oil.

I know that a lot of people here don't believe in human caused climate change because it "isn't absolutely proven."

Even so, what about the Cold War?

It wasn't absolutely proven that the Soviets were waiting for the very first opportunity to blow us up with nuclear weapons. The suspicion that they might was enough to justify spending trillions and trillions of dollars.

Can you guys not see the double-standard here?

If the scientists are even halfway right, the consequences (mass disruption and death to human civilization) are similar to nuclear war.

Even if you think climate change is a crock . . . can you see my point?

I believe in renewable energy . . . and for reasons other than global climate change.

Some nations in the mideast use our oil profits to fund terrorism.

If we can get completely on renewable energy, then we can tell the mideast where they can stick their oil.

I know that a lot of people here don't believe in human caused climate change because it "isn't absolutely proven."

Even so, what about the Cold War?

It wasn't absolutely proven that the Soviets were waiting for the very first opportunity to blow us up with nuclear weapons. The suspicion that they might was enough to justify spending trillions and trillions of dollars.

Can you guys not see the double-standard here?

If the scientists are even halfway right, the consequences (mass disruption and death to human civilization) are similar to nuclear war.

Even if you think climate change is a crock . . . can you see my point?

Here is the problem. Or should I say problems? Humans are the reason for pollution and usage of natural resources. We need less humans on the planet in my humble opinion. And we need less humans in our country ASAP! How we get there is a debate that is sure to never have a resolution.

The scam of climate change associated with MONEY is a joke. That is the reason so many are against it. Even some countries who originally bought into the hoax...pay us money and the climate will be fine...have seen the light and got out of the scam.

In this country we are working toward solar, wind and hydro power. Tons of money has been invested and in far too many cases, the tax payers were ripped off. Take a look at the abject failures obama had. That said, I think we will get to renewable power some day. Until then, we need a solution on countries who have more children than they can grow food for.

We are a big exporter of oil. Thought this was of interest to the discussion.

“The largest sources of U.S. imported oil were: Canada (49%), Mexico (7%), Saudi Arabia (6%), Russia (6%), and Colombia (4%). According to the American Petroleum Institute, the oil and natural gas industry supports nine million U.S. jobs and makes up seven percent of the nation's gross domestic product.”

Solar is not a renewable resource, the panels fail, the batteries fail and teh electronics fail. It creates huge re-cycling problems. It consumes huge amounts to energy to produce the products and is not cost effective. I like solar as an off grid option but it cannot compete against municipal power costs. I think the true answer will be hydrogen fuel cells. Development has been slow (lack of funding and resistance from oil industry) but it still continues.

Latest posts

Back