Calamari and Sunburns.... for real.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamAshley

Reaction score
Ok I got a sunburn a couple days ago, and it was a second degree sunburn on both my shoulders... see the video at the end for before...

I bought calamari the same day I got burned... I finally finished eating it this morning, and thought, hey maybe this will work to sooth the sunburn, as the calamari skin is very smooth.

So it really works well to sooth the burn, and it works as a mild compress, and it could be used for application of stuff as the skin aborbs everything into it... oh and I think it may also act to remove moisture from the blister reducing the size of the blisters...
I made quick video on youtube about this... not exactly science but it works.

and after

Last edited:
Ok I got a sunburn a couple days ago, and it was a second degree sunburn on both my shoulders... see the video at the end for before...

I bought calamari the same day I got burned... I finally finished eating it this morning, and thought, hey maybe this will work to sooth the sunburn, as the calamari skin is very smooth.

So it really works well to sooth the burn, and it works as a mild compress, and it could be used for application of stuff as the skin aborbs everything into it... oh and I think it may also act to remove moisture from the blister reducing the size of the blisters...
I made quick video on youtube about this... not exactly science but it works.

and after

Some more words...

it also makes you invisible to IR
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2013/08/squid-skin-mimic-inspires-infrared-camouflage

Now I have to add I'm not 100% sure what part of the squid I'm eating or where the skin is coming from, but it hasn't made me ill at all eating it raw... yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back