CA new egg laws

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got lucky today, driving home I saw a tree company trimming power lines and stopped and asked if I could buy the chippings. A guy brought me a truckload and said he would bring me another on Monday! I have close to 300 plants now and buying mulch by the bag isn't practical anymore. He wouldn't take any money for it so I handed him a bottle of homemade muscadine wine and we were both pretty happy. Now I need to start spreading, I was happy for a minute there!:confused:

I got lucky today, driving home I saw a tree company trimming power lines and stopped and asked if I could buy the chippings. A guy brought me a truckload and said he would bring me another on Monday! I have close to 300 plants now and buying mulch by the bag isn't practical anymore. He wouldn't take any money for it so I handed him a bottle of homemade muscadine wine and we were both pretty happy. Now I need to start spreading, I was happy for a minute there!:confused:
That is awesome!! Check with your local big city garbage dump. The one we are near will hand out a front loader full to anyone who wants it for free. I tend to get enough to mulch the garden, but that does take a few weekends and we go get about 3 loads in one day. Also when the garden has been mulched, I will store a big pile of it so that I can add in my scraps for a compost. Every time we have to fire up the tractor to do whatever, just go over to the pile to kinda stir it around. Nothing better than free. . . and you were the nice guy and gave way a bottle of your wine. Yeah, I'm sure he was smiling!!

You know, it is amazing how much good will a bottle of wine creates! I knew about a landfill that did that where I lived in fla. But will check out the one up here. This place is pretty small and I kind of doubt they have a grinder, but it's worth a phone call, thanks for the tip. I think I'm covered this year though as it's going to take me a year to spread two loads!

Latest posts

Back