Buying an Island

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel8

Reaction score
If you were a billionaire and wanted to get out of the United States and buy an Island where would you go? Can you bring firearms? How would you get 50,000lbs of supplies there?

(I know these are weird questions and that I haven't posted here for a while. I'm not a troll LOL. Just been busy all year prepping to the point of burn out and spending a lot of time watching.)

There are lots off affordable islands available around the world, and they're not just for billionaires. I've looked at a few myself. Getting your stuff there would by barge same as you'd bring in your building materials. When I moved to and from Alaska everything I owned went by barge, including vehicles, boats etc. If I was younger or if my kids were interested I'd probably buy an island somewhere in Alaska. As far as guns go you'd probably not be able to legally take them anywhere outside of the US.

Here’s an island that I’d like to see quite a few billionaires dropped on....

8ca37fc971794b4eafdafb65d38159d7

I've thought about this before. I would like to buy a sizable island and make it into its own small country. And I would invite my fellow preppers to come live and build. We make our own laws, and deal with things how we see fit. Just sell everything you own, and buy things to create a new land and come on out.

In the Pacific NW there are thousands of wooded island for sale from Vancouver up over, Indeed one of the dot com billionaires bought one as a retreat, its only accesable by boat or sea plane. Others have bought islands near Richard Bransons in the Carribean. Quite a few Aussie islands are now owned by preppers and even a few hardy sould have bought up south sea islands. I could envisage moving to the Falklands or Asencion or St Helena if things went really T up.

There were 4 families up Alaska way who hired something like a Chinook (air crane ?) to shift hundreds of tons to some wilderness area to build 4 vaction home / retreats a few years ago, Only steelwork went in by road / barge when the ice formed.

Latest posts

Back