Buying a property

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom11011

Reaction score
Hi Group,

I'm new here. I wanted to ask and get the collectives opinion on buying a property.

I was wondering what the group thought about Florida as an area for purchasing a property. Not by the coast, but inland in the middle of the state. I'm looking to find a few acres that I can build a small cabin or trailer on as well as some farming.

I guess what I'm asking is if you could buy a plot of land anywhere in the country, where would you choose to live and create your homestead? What things are you considering? Pros and Cons of an area etc..

Thanks!

G'day from Down Under - I'm in the same boat - looking for some land. I'll throw in a few ideas I have; cost; location ( is it seen from a road? ); how can the land be used to support you - stock, vegetables, etc; water - a must!!; does it have wood for fuel?; line of sight from your hide/shelter/home; wildlife that can be a food source; a secondary hide; the list goes on, and I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people than me regarding this post. Again, welcome, you will learn a lot, and your input is always welcome and appreciated.

in my case,id be looking for land that already has a tree line and under brush along the property line.plenty of water.pond(s) creek(s) river(s) water table under property.plenty of trees for fire wood.good location for home(s) .. wild life good locations for gardens and very fertile soil..and if i feel its needed diffrent kinds of live stock,like cattle chickens goat and pigs..entrance ways that can be kept at least somewhat hid from view while someone is driveing along the road.those can be emergency escape routes if needed..in your case look into water ways and a boat of some kind for escape if needed..then there's liveing off the grid.solar panals water pumps horses n plows for the gardens.pluse thehorses can comein handy when it comes to rideing the property.. and other ways of liveing off the grid when needed

Hi Group,

I'm new here. I wanted to ask and get the collectives opinion on buying a property.

I was wondering what the group thought about Florida as an area for purchasing a property. Not by the coast, but inland in the middle of the state. I'm looking to find a few acres that I can build a small cabin or trailer on as well as some farming.

I guess what I'm asking is if you could buy a plot of land anywhere in the country, where would you choose to live and create your homestead? What things are you considering? Pros and Cons of an area etc..

Thanks!
Rural california in terms of US, it is an awsome growing area. Not in the city though. Now if I could buy a sizable plot anywhere i might choose central manhatan or the walk of fame because it is so highly valued as prime real estate. Same deal with Orlando epcot area.. but taxes would be kller and it would be short lived. None the less Cali taxes are mad high.. but if the local taxes weren't so high I'd be all over that.. Coastal Texas not in the desert might be ok closer to brownsville,

1. lousiana or ocean springs st. martin area.--
2. or further closer to the alabama mississippi border perhaps south of orange grove.. environmental pollution from the BP Oil Horizon spill could be problematic and I'd need to get a better idea on sea life sea weed safety and how the local areas were effected
south west of mon louis,
4. east of pensacola off of backwater bay
5. just north of choctawhatchee bay around freeport, southeast of panama city

6. now for texas north of Cayo del grullo off baffin bay,
7. west of green lake near port lavaca -
8. - north east of raymondville to the west of red fish bay

9. california is "impossible" ... somewhere around laguna beach...
10 camp pendleton south if it wern't a military base....

10. those are my picks for the US.. also Hawaii -- aparently some rich dude bought an entire island and is turning it into a private self sustainable development I think that would be cool but not being in such a owned stop but it'd be a neat pick because I think that it will be managed well,
11. kaua'i if i could find somewhere that wasn't state park ...

those are my US picks not including peurto rico

1. keypoints, supports natural greenage
2. is near a source of water that is not overly polluted
3. has natural food source, as well as ability to grow
4. has relative shelter availability
5. is not super urbanized.
6. warm climate year round.

I've given some thought to retiring to latin america or asia (although I have never visited asia). But, that is 20 years away for me right now. Do you have a location in mind?

Sounds like a new adventure, how did you find that location? You must have really liked it to acquire land there. Is there an expat community there?

Latest posts

Back