Bush Fire

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippophibia

Reaction score
Australia (NSW) have lost over 100 houses due to bushfires and still counting, expected numbers to be much higher. Large number of persons evacuated with only clothes on their backs, lots trapped in their cars with no supplies as roads were closed by fire authorities. It is a reminder that one should always be prepared.

I am wondering about bug-out plans that involve moving through woodlands, if there are large numbers of person moving through the woods and with everything else going on there is high risk of being caught in a fire, something to keep in mind when planning your route.

I attended a bushfire safety preparedness session today by the town council and fire brigade. They are recommending bug-out-bags and give some suggestions as well.

They are also trialling a new emergency (weather bush fires, security) notification system that works of mobiles and emails. They wanted us to register and were offering a draw prize of a wind up radio, torch that also had USB charging capability. My wife has one of those without the USB charger.

I always thought a BOB should have a mini-notebook with survival guides, first aid & detailed medical procedures, you-tube videos of first aid, edible plants, shelters, etc and family photos. Some people were crying on TV after there houses were burnt to the ground that they lost all there family photos and baby pics - it is a lesson to be learnt.

So when you bug out in an emergency you have all the info & entertainment with you at low weight. Power source was my concern, I was looking at getting solar charger - with a windup USB charger problem solved. I would even consider a mini external hard disk drive.

Latest posts

Back