Bunker on a budget....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see where quite a few use the steel shipping containers for a strong starting point.Not sure i'd want to go too cheap if I was to build a bunker.A poorly thought out or constructed one could be more of a death trap than a safe haven.I see the shipping containers on craigslist all the time,usually around $1000 to $2500 depending on size and delivered or not.

A Warm Welcome! There are those who say that a shipping container would make a good bunker but you would still have to put it underground and put some supports inside to make it stronger.

What are some good materials to build a bunker out of that you can obtain for cheap or free?
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome. Concrete blocks are probably one of the cheapest ways to go. Use some rebar rods and fill the holes, and you'll have a pretty cheap but sturdy bunker. There are a LOT of hidden costs in the shipping container idea. First, you'll need to transport is ($$$), then lift/lower it in place (crane $$$), and then do a LOT of welding ($$$) easily costing more than buying the container.

Hey, welcom to the forum. Bunkers on a budget? I'd go with cinder blocks. Cheaper, you need less reinforcement and you can costomize the size of your bunker

Latest posts

Back