Bunker design questions..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's the hitch. My wife is pretty adamant about living in Golden Oak, she's a huge Disney fanatic, like if I didn't know any better, I might assume her name is Minnie (It's not). So with Florida being the place I'm going to be living, I've found a nice 6 acre parcel of land that's almost perfectly square. As anyone that's been an any kind of emergency or disaster knows, the roads are crowded, people panic, chaos ensues. So we've plans to purchase a couple of Skyrunner ATV's to get us from home to bunker location. If you don't know what a Skyrunner is, it's an ATV that functions as a powered parachute, meaning a flying ATV.
There is so much wrong with that paragraph.
With the many millions of dollars your plan will require, you could do Oh So much better than living in Disneyland.
Do you know how much attention you will draw in that Skyrunner? People will hear you coming from the next county over. There is no cover in the sky, and you don't have altitude or speed like you would with a conventional aircraft.

Let's see...

Lives in California
Doesn't understand my question about how he votes (anyone who knows America is in trouble would understand that question completely)
Wants to move to Florida so his wife can be near Disneyland, where he is going to build a giant underground nuke bunker with material shortages around the world, no mention of food
Buying flying ATVs

I have no doubts about how you vote.

Last edited:
Let's see...

Lives in California
Doesn't understand my question about how he votes (anyone who knows America is in trouble would understand that question completely)
Wants to move to Florida so his wife can be near Disneyland, where he is going to build a giant underground nuke bunker with material shortages around the world, no mention of food
Buying flying ATVs

I have no doubts about how you vote.

his posting smelled to me also - I'm guessing 15 years old or 32 with a Mommy complex .....

interesting enough talking about FL bunkers - Disney World is one huge complex of "underground tunnels" - built on the surface and then covered over to raise that entire area .....

I've attached a rough floor plan with rooms numbered. The following list of rooms corresponds to the numbers on the floor plan.
<snip>
*Garage will have opening protected by two doors, one nuclear shielding door (inner) and a bunker door (outer) both manufactured by Sophia High Tech company.
What the !?

Even IF you will get advanced warning of a nuclear engagement . . . which I doubt . . . you will last only as long as your food does.
I guess you can argue this might be good in the event of a hurricane, but even in this situation, you need to be adequately prepared for failed (food and energy) supply chains.
So, if you want long-term survival, I suggest spending more attention on food and energy production than a big hole in the ground.

Just my humble opinion.

But, the bigger issue is YOUR WIFE.
Your likelihood of survival will be very low if that is where you will live.
If you sincerely believe you need to take steps to better survival a potential "prepping situation" OF ANY KIND, you need to start by educating your wife that living in Disney fairyland is not the best survival option. If you do not do that first, you are wasting a lot of time and effort . . . unless you can find a family member who lives in a more secure location where you can establish a refuge with them and HOPE to be able to get there in times of need.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t plan on hiding underground in Florida. Most of it is way too close to sea level and they get lots of hurricanes.

tornado-embarrassed.gif

I'd like to echo the comments of some of my fellow DPF associates in that FL specifically the area around Disney totally sucks way to many people present at any given time.
In my honest opinion your time, money and resources would be better spent to equip the six acres of land you referenced to serve your needs to protect your family personally I'd focus on turning the property into the best survival compound that your finances will allow such as focusing on storm proofing / fortification of the primary residence, perimeter security and reduced reliance on the grid ( power, water, grocery store etc. ).

Latest posts

Back