Bunker and tunnel

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dies Irae

Reaction score
The plastic wrap was a mistake I think, it will leave a space, albeit small, for the rust on those mild steel sheets to advance. If it was a sound idea they would encapsulate rebar in plastic. A shame considering all the effort they put in.

I think if I had that much money to waste I'd be expatriating to somewhere like... rural Australia :D
Fun vidd though, guy must work for a sheet metal supplier or something.

Bunkers are one thing, camouflage is another. There were a lot of military bunkers here in Switzerland, most of them have now been closed, walled up or demolished, but you can still see a few.

Tarnung mit Gardinen Die Militaerbunker der Schweiz - YouTube

From 11.00 a.m. you can see a special feature that once existed, cannon towers disguised as stables. When the thing wasn't in operation, you only saw a stable, nothing suspicious, the cannon wasn't extended either.
But that's not a normal stable, there were a lot of such buildings here in the mountains and there were very large facilities that housed 600 men and worked independently with their own water tanks and diesel generators. It used to be an impossibility to choke these facilities, I was once in one, everything was thought of and there were enough traps to make life hell for invaders.

Bunkers are one thing, camouflage is another. There were a lot of military bunkers here in Switzerland, most of them have now been closed, walled up or demolished, but you can still see a few.

Tarnung mit Gardinen Die Militaerbunker der Schweiz - YouTube

From 11.00 a.m. you can see a special feature that once existed, cannon towers disguised as stables. When the thing wasn't in operation, you only saw a stable, nothing suspicious, the cannon wasn't extended either.
But that's not a normal stable, there were a lot of such buildings here in the mountains and there were very large facilities that housed 600 men and worked independently with their own water tanks and diesel generators. It used to be an impossibility to choke these facilities, I was once in one, everything was thought of and there were enough traps to make life hell for invaders.
I understand that everyone in Switzerland is required to have a bunker. Some are built into apartment buildings. These are not military bunkers, but bunkers for every citizen. The government is not responsible for providing them.

Bunkers are good but they have to be abandoned eventually. I nearly built one once, based on a WWII bunker I saw in Brisbane oddly enough. It was reinforced concrete but built into a hillside, saved a lot of drama that, just get a machine or even dig by hand a large cavity back into the hillside, then construct what you want and cover it back over. I never went ahead with it because my hillside wasn't steep enough.

Latest posts

Back