Bugging out?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simoncarriere

Reaction score
I live in the subberbs and determined to bug out. I've found a nice lake with a island in the middle, it's owned by the city but its forest all around ( about 3miles from my location). Would it be a good idea to start prepping this little island (about 200squared meters) building a little shed and stocking some water ?

Any advices is appreciated

I live in the subberbs and determined to bug out. I've found a nice lake with a island in the middle, it's owned by the city but its forest all around ( about 3miles from my location). Would it be a good idea to start prepping this little island (about 200squared meters) building a little shed and stocking some water ?

Any advices is appreciated

If you don't mind it getting confiscated or destroyed. :)

If you actually want to establish a structure there you might want to ask the city for permission, or perhaps even to buy it from the city.

If it is a totally unused island then no one will probably notice, you'd be suprised how little people pay attention to things that arn't part of their daily lives.

It does sound like it is calling you. Making leanto's or other temporary structures might be easier than building an actual structure there, and consider building underground rather than on ground.

Honestly, I wouldn't. You're liable to lose any equipment and supplies you put there as well as possibly incurring criminal charges for squatting. Good rule of thumb is if you don't own it, know who owns it and have their permission to be on it, stay away from it. I know down here, if I caught someone squatting on my land... it sure as skippy wouldn't be pretty.

The city's owns it so ill go to city hall to see if it would even be possible to purshase the small island. It would definitely be a good bug out location. Might need to set up some sort of security. To protect the equipment some electric wire or wireless camera

Just realize that the minute you put up a fence, those people that see that island everyday are most likely notice and get curious as to what is now happening on this little "unused" island.

It would be a electric wire fence 2-3 metres into the bush so wouldn't be seen unless your on the island

Also you have to realize that people like to stop on islands all the time and check them out. I have property on a lake which includes an island. (We owned the land before they flooded it to make a lake, in the contract we keep all land within our property line not covered in water.) But we have to maintain that island, and I can't tell you the number of times I have had to chase off people from the island even though it is posted no trespassing. I have even caught a guy who had built a pretty elaborate shelter, looks like he lived there all winter. I didn't chase him off because he kept the place completely clean and we agreed he could stay as long as he kept it that way. Two weeks later he was gone but you would have never known he was even there.

did you ever go to city hall and look into it when it comes to them and buying it?..nothing better then keeping things llegle on your part.pluse,if you buy it..then you can do what ever you want.and make sure you go to and come from when there's least amount of ppl to see.

Latest posts

Back