Yes, I would get out of Vegas. If no other reason than the water issue. If I still lived in Summerlin I would head to either northern Arizona, or southern Utah if at all possible due to the forested areas, and higher water table due to snow. If I couldn't get to either one of those areas I would head to Mount Charleston.Do you plan to leave Vegas in shtf and if so where would you travel and how?
Hi bogumila! Definitely get out of Vegas, if you do I would stay on the northwest side of the Colorado river due to the fact that there is only limited access to the north country on the east side of the Colorado. And I would head north to an area that has a decent water table and lots of space and wild life. Just my opinion Arizona is just to dry on the east side of the river. water is limited, and for the most part the mountains are dry to, Good Luck. "Mountain Scout"Do you plan to leave Vegas in shtf and if so where would you travel and how?
Hi jimLe Good to hear from you again, very good logic, you are right Vegas is short on water they are currently getting most of there water from the Colorado river and from wells farther to the north, and they are still looking for other places to get more, It is not the place I would want to be in a SHTF event. Also when you are looking for a Bug Out spot it is very important to consider the weather. Can you and family take the snow and cold of the north or the hot and dry of the south? I remember while on a mining job in the north I learned very quickly about the extreme cold, -40% below 0 and the propane froze to a yellow gel, after that job we decided to move south, Then i worked in Laughlin NV. and the temps hit 119%. But keep looking and thinking and you will find what is best for you. Good Luck & Best to you. "Mountain Scout"yeah id get out of vegas.if i recall correctly.vegas gets its water elsewhere.which means vegas will dry up eventuly if it lose's its power.id buy the fold-up maps of the u.s. to see where id want to bug out to.then geet onto the internet to check out the diffrent places id but out to.and if possible.drive to thoes areas.maybe camp out 1 or 2 nights..that way i'd learn at least something of the resources that'll be there after the shtf happens...and if i had the money.id pick what id consider the best location and start buying the needed property.