Bugging in or out

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost Sniper

Reaction score
ok so im planning for a nuclear war or terrorist attack. right now im only planning for 4 people. i have a ford explorer, and some other basic supplies. but i want to be prepared to leave my house immediatly as well as stay at it for some months. any tips would help.

My thoughts on bugging out are this.....Unless you have a place to bug out to you WILL become a refugee. Stay put if at all possible. In the case of a nuclear event, unless it is localized such as a reactor melt down there wont be a placed to run to if missiles fall. Living off the land in the continental US is all but impossible except in mountainous regions. Even then you better have a vast working knowlegdge of the outdoors to make it for any amount of time.

Forget a nuclear attack. In that case very very few will survive. When these few leave their radiation proof shelters, there will be nothing for them and nowhere to go that's not contaminated. It'll be a dead world. Better to die in the blast than suffer a lingering death from radiation. Just my opinion.

Terrorist attacks would be local. My greatest concern is a bio-attack by terrorists spreading something like Ebola nationwide. That would wipe out over 90% of the population. Now that can be avoided by staying in your home until the disease burns itself out.

Hi, I was wondering also what someone could do in case of attack, when he's in the middle of a big city which will be probably attacked.
I know you will say "pray and say goodbye" but if there is something useful I could do I will appreciate.
I know that the subway are where the crater will form would be useless, but the area suffers moderate damage someone could go down and then walk through the tunnels (on the emergency sidewalks) and then go out where it's safer (suburbs). I know this may sound too simplistic.

Latest posts

Back