Bug out now!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not there yet, not anywhere close.

I believe this event has an expiration date. I don't know when that is, but I am counting on going back to life as normal (or almost anyhow) at some point in the not so distant future. Bugging out is irreversible because I will have to write off my house since I can't defend it once I bug out, and it's in the middle of the city. Hell I get nervous every time I just spend a week at the BOL, wondering what I will find when I get home.

For me bugging out will mean quitting my job and leaving my apartment lease, so I'm kind of in the same boat. Honestly I have what I need so I would be going back to my family's farm as much to help my parents as to get away from here.

Just remember, if things get really bad then leases and houses don’t mean squat. Your safety is the number one thing in life. That being said, I don’t feel we are close to throwing in the towel right now. It is however bad enough to keep your eyes open for any more drastic downturns. Just always have that backup plan in the back of your mind.

For me bugging out will mean quitting my job and leaving my apartment lease, so I'm kind of in the same boat. Honestly I have what I need so I would be going back to my family's farm as much to help my parents as to get away from here.

If you want to break a lease, you just don't pay your rent and wait for your 72 Hour Notice. That is a legal offer to end your lease and all you have to do is pay up for those prorated days and be out before the 72 hrs are up. Give them your key and a check, and you will never hear from them again. True story.

Of course, keep documentation, but that's the law they don't want people to know. Read you lease agreement specific to the 72 hour notice.

I'm not there yet, not anywhere close.

I believe this event has an expiration date. I don't know when that is, but I am counting on going back to life as normal (or almost anyhow) at some point in the not so distant future. Bugging out is irreversible because I will have to write off my house since I can't defend it once I bug out, and it's in the middle of the city. Hell I get nervous every time I just spend a week at the BOL, wondering what I will find when I get home.
Im in the same boat. Im still working hoping no one breaks in my house when im gone got four dogs in house hope thats a deterent. When and if this thing blows over im getting out of hood.

Wanted to, but I have to cross 2 international borders which are being guarded by the men in green. I have to watch out for the kids now anyway. Too much to take with me in only 1 car. The kids do not want to go to Hungary yet...Too many other factors speaking against the BUGOUT. Waiting for a SitRep from my brother-in-law there anyway.

If you want to break a lease, you just don't pay your rent and wait for your 72 Hour Notice. That is a legal offer to end your lease and all you have to do is pay up for those prorated days and be out before the 72 hrs are up. Give them your key and a check, and you will never hear from them again. True story.

Of course, keep documentation, but that's the law they don't want people to know. Read you lease agreement specific to the 72 hour notice.
I will check my lease agreement see what my options are. Eventually if things get too bad it won't matter but I don't want to wait that long. I am paying close attention to what's happening around me. We're still okay here but Dallas is now under shelter-in-place.

Waiting for all banking across the world to freeze . Then will take stored cash get a few last thing and decide on situation to bugin or out.
Most areas in Australia have low density population and less than 5% have firearms - don't see many situations where one has to bugout.
Sure bush-fire, foreign invasion, house destroyed by earthquake might change things , but even then unless you have an established property to go to bugging out is crazy.

Waiting for all banking across the world to freeze . Then will take stored cash get a few last thing and decide on situation to bugin or out.
Most areas in Australia have low density population and less than 5% have firearms - don't see many situations where one has to bugout.
Sure bush-fire, foreign invasion, house destroyed by earthquake might change things , but even then unless you have an established property to go to bugging out is crazy.
Are earthquakes common in your area?

Low risk of earthquake or Tsunami but both are possible, I am 40m above sea level.
In 1989 there was a shallow earthquake of 5.6 13 in the area people 13 died, was not living there at the time.

On my emergency awareness I had stock market trading halt as a prompt to increase my defcon level up a notch.
It has happened numerous times over the last few weeks. So additional emergency food like pet food, more gasoline and keep more cash on hand has been enacted.

There is big run on goods in Australia, very interesting to see what went first every 2 days additional items are targeted, then restricted number of purchases per customer by retailers.

1. Hand sanitizer and toilet paper
2. Rice, pasta instant noodles
3. Tinned food
4. Frozen vege, packaged meats, flower, water
5. Chest freezers - no longer available in Australia for purchase all sold out - who would of thought
6. Meds (headache tablets), cleaning and disinfectant, female sanitary products
7. Seedlings and seeds
8. Now a run on alcohol and ammunition.

Sounds like most other nations. We are doing surprisingly well. The stores are full of everything and you can take what you want. It has slowed down considerably on the
"try to catch up with the rest of the hoarders". We will all learn from this and 60% of the world population will become preppers. I can only hope the newcomers do not try to tell us oldtimers what to do right and what we REALLY need to go buy...Gary

Low risk of earthquake or Tsunami but both are possible, I am 40m above sea level.
In 1989 there was a shallow earthquake of 5.6 13 in the area people 13 died, was not living there at the time.

On my emergency awareness I had stock market trading halt as a prompt to increase my defcon level up a notch.
It has happened numerous times over the last few weeks. So additional emergency food like pet food, more gasoline and keep more cash on hand has been enacted.

There is big run on goods in Australia, very interesting to see what went first every 2 days additional items are targeted, then restricted number of purchases per customer by retailers.

1. Hand sanitizer and toilet paper
2. Rice, pasta instant noodles
3. Tinned food
4. Frozen vege, packaged meats, flower, water
5. Chest freezers - no longer available in Australia for purchase all sold out - who would of thought
6. Meds (headache tablets), cleaning and disinfectant, female sanitary products
7. Seedlings and seeds
8. Now a run on alcohol and ammunition.
That's about how is was here. But there are still seeds and seedlings around here, yet guns and ammo are pretty well sold out. And I haven't noticed a lack of alcohol yet.

Latest posts

Back