Bug Out Location?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbagreats01

Reaction score
Hey all. I am up for any suggestions on a good BOL. I have a spot i can get to about an hour away but it is in a somewhat populated area. So a plan B or C would be great. I do plan on using a vehicle so I can get pretty far pending gas doesnt become 70 bucks a gallon.

might look in the direction of west virginia that lower part of ohio and that upper part of kentucky..not that you have to go that far..but it might be a good idea to look in that direction..and a big ole welcome to the forum from texas

Are you looking at escaping to the woods or do you have an actual place to go? It seems everybody has the grand idea of living off the land in the woods when they bug out. Most people wont last a week. Even if you can make it think about how many other people will be moving through the area. Do you own the land? If not the owner will be out patrolling and wont want intruders. If its public land it will be worse than opening weekend of deer season in WI. If you dont have a place to go and your home is still habitable, stay put. If not you will become a refugee. Just something to think about.

Are you looking at escaping to the woods or do you have an actual place to go? It seems everybody has the grand idea of living off the land in the woods when they bug out. Most people wont last a week. Even if you can make it think about how many other people will be moving through the area. Do you own the land? If not the owner will be out patrolling and wont want intruders. If its public land it will be worse than opening weekend of deer season in WI. If you dont have a place to go and your home is still habitable, stay put. If not you will become a refugee. Just something to think about.

Thanks for that thought. It is very true what you are saying. I would love to stay put but I live within 100 miles of 4 nuclear plants, which is not very ideal in any doomsday situation.

thats sooooo true.especilly when theres no electric to keep it going..i i live 164 miles from one..i dont wanna be down wind from it if it should go nucalur

Do you have friends or relatives that would be available to go to? I would not talk specifics about bugging out if they are not preppers. You could bring up "ya mind if I come over in the event of"?? Depending on who they are maybe they would be like minded and could get them into prepping as well. Seems that may be a better option. Even keep some preps with them if it works out.

I worked at the nuke plant here in Callaway county for a little while and they have contingency plans for everything under the sun, including civil unrest, power failure, bombing, earthquake, you name it, they've got a plan for it. It's not like the one that went south in Japan and honestly, it doesn't bother me much to live within 30 miles of it. It's a different kind of nuclear reaction, it doesn't explode like a bomb will.

Anyhow, Trapper is right, if where you are is still safe, stay put. Don't make yourself a moving target to those looking to prey on people on the run.

When TSHTF, everybody who has decided to bug out is goin to be heading for the hills/woods, its going to be a free for all to see who gets to stay where,with land already owned by somebody being defended to the hilt.

When TSHTF, everybody who has decided to bug out is goin to be heading for the hills/woods, its going to be a free for all to see who gets to stay where,with land already owned by somebody being defended to the hilt.

With everybody headin for the hills it should be easy pickins in the cities to find goodies. Nobody will be left! It seems everbody has the same plan by running off into the woods. I spend alot of time hunting, fishing and trapping. I can butcher any critter wild or domestic. I still would not think of running off in the woods. Even the mountain men would stop and get provisions at the rendezvous.

Latest posts

Back