bug out HOUSE anyone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bug out HOUSE anyone?, doubt if it would work darn sarf, but in Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Northumberland etc who knows??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-refrigerator-flushable-toilet.html#comments
Interesting. For years my wife and I lived in a 20'x20' cabin that I built in the mountains. I also built a log horse barn, a 24'x48' hay barn and several other outbuildings. I made a living by trapping and logging with horses. I sure miss that old cabin.

A bit TOO rustic for me, hehe....building your own cabin, etc.
But man, more power to ya....

The little houses are neat though, but an RV just seems a more sensible route, as it's designed already for having conveniences in a portable format.

A bit TOO rustic for me, hehe....building your own cabin, etc.
But man, more power to ya....

The little houses are neat though, but an RV just seems a more sensible route, as it's designed already for having conveniences in a portable format.
It was a little small! A travel trailer would be more practical. At the time I built the cabin we had no money, just a strong back. I cleared the land with a team of horses and if I never have to dig another stump out again I'll die happy! We currently live in a 5,000' place that we sometimes get lost in. I hope to have it sold soon and move one last time. The new house (finial home!) we're building will be about 3800'. Power is over 5 miles away so it will be solar and wind with a diesel backup generator.

Man both my wife and myself would love to live in Alaska, its empty, cool and looks fabulous, we watched the documentay series Railroad Alaska on TV and were left stunned by its beauty and the lifestyles of the folks living along the tracks, its like Scotland on steroids :)

Bug out HOUSE anyone?, doubt if it would work darn sarf, but in Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Northumberland etc who knows??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-refrigerator-flushable-toilet.html#comments
I really like it. Looks like she did a pretty good job on the construction and design too. I did see a window framed kind of poorly, but over all it looked good, espechially for a diy'er. I personally will downsize before too long, but not quite that small. The good part is though, if she was faced with a wildfire or flood, she could unhook and haul away pretty easily. I'm thinking a 12' wide by 40', on top of a concrete basement of the same size, is about as small as I want to go.

aye, so long as there is a good quality storm shelter, cache, root cellar under the slab as well :)
That's why the basement is so important. With a reinforced poured roof it works as a storm shelter, storage (doubling the size), and helps maintain temperature. It's even expandable as living space if wanted. One person would be fine in a tiny space, but you might get claustrophobic if more come

You are Bert Gummer and I claim my $100 :)

That's why the basement is so important. With a reinforced poured roof it works as a storm shelter, storage (doubling the size), and helps maintain temperature. It's even expandable as living space if wanted. One person would be fine in a tiny space, but you might get claustrophobic if more come

Latest posts

Back