Bug Out Bags??? Help??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroMike

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im kinda new to prepping(only for 6 months). Im trying to make bug out bags for me and my wife and wanted to know what i should have in them as a defiant. I have now (flashlights(led) medical,tape,gloves,knives,solar chargers,multi tool,water bottle, multi tool) Im sure there is much more please help? Budget is little tight so be nice :)

-Mike

Some sort of food stuff, whether energy bars, clif bars, crackers and cheese or peanut butter, granola bars, ramen, etc. Warm, dry socks at this time of year. Pill bottle with change and a few bills. Good map of your area (back roads or gravel), not sure of exactly where you are at. Copies of emergency numbers and addresses. Copy of birth certificate, passport, DL, SS card, bank info, anything you would need to prove who you are and that yes, you do have legal access to your money. Copy of insurance. Picture of the family, it's amazing how much that can bring up morale when you're feeling lost. Space blanket. Hand warmers. Stocking cap.

Keep this stuff in gallon sized zip loc bags with all the air sucked out or vacuum sealed if you have a food saver to protect them from getting wet.

You are welcome. We keep this in each family member's bag as well as saddlebags in case we bail on horse, in the car, etc... you get the picture. You definitely need to be able to prove that you are who you are and you own what you own or you become a non-entity.

Here's a 3 day bag, canteen cup and stove, food,water filter straw, for fire cotton balls with vaseline, fire steel, two lighters, TP, wipes, bandanna, tools, radio, head lamp, flashlight, paracord, poncho, fuel tabs for the stove, med kit, In my car i carry extra cloths, water, a trap and tent. This pretty much goes everywhere with me or its in my car. Hope this helps.

Picturekevinpicture010-1.jpg

go on youtube. many great videos on bug out bags. some not so great, but all have great info n what you can have and use.

as far as basic goes, have some water some food and clothing. then from there you can buy items to obtain water such as a canteen, or water filtration pump. it goes on froim there. find a bag at home, and add what you have from the house, that way you have a bag ready. then when you can, go to the stores and buy the items to make your bag smaller, and lighter.

ex: if you have canned foods right now, swap them out with mountain house or ramen noodles later on, so to lighten up the load.

just keep changing it up. so as not to spend so much money all at once.

i started my bug out bag in april 2012, and i feel as if i still have a long way to go. but at least i have a bag ready to in case i need it.

i started my bug out bag in april 2012, and i feel as if i still have a long way to go. but at least i have a bag ready to in case i need it.
I too have been working on mine for some time and feel I am not completely ready. I try to view that in a positive light, that I am continuously getting better at prepping.

Hey Everyone,

Im kinda new to prepping(only for 6 months). Im trying to make bug out bags for me and my wife and wanted to know what i should have in them as a defiant. I have now (flashlights(led) medical,tape,gloves,knives,solar chargers,multi tool,water bottle, multi tool) Im sure there is much more please help? Budget is little tight so be nice :)

-Mike

I think the best thing that you should do first is to prepare your body and mind. Then, put materials that you think can be used forever and repeatedly so that you will not have any limitation outside. I hate to have 3 days or 1 week survival only outside. I hate to be dependent on the products that I store or products that is available only on my bag. It is very difficult to be dependent on the consumables inside your bag, you must be ready anywhere, because it's doomsday, you will never know where your feet will bring you, or situations and events may force you to be. A place where the only weapon is your survivability skills and knowledge. even with only a knife, you can survive in the woods. But, of course we are in the modern world so you can think of anything that you wanted to bring that can be bought in the market. Anyway, I think I can give you a link wherein a book about prepping is available, I have read it and I think it's a great book heres the link, enjoy . Always remember, do not be too dependent on the materials that you already have, you need to learn to improvise and you need to learn how to survive with only few materials left on your bag/hands.

I think the best thing that you should do first is to prepare your body and mind. Then, put materials that you think can be used forever and repeatedly so that you will not have any limitation outside. I hate to have 3 days or 1 week survival only outside. I hate to be dependent on the products that I store or products that is available only on my bag. It is very difficult to be dependent on the consumables inside your bag, you must be ready anywhere, because it's doomsday, you will never know where your feet will bring you, or situations and events may force you to be. A place where the only weapon is your survivability skills and knowledge. even with only a knife, you can survive in the woods. But, of course we are in the modern world so you can think of anything that you wanted to bring that can be bought in the market. Anyway, I think I can give you a link wherein a book about prepping is available, I have read it and I think it's a great book heres the link, enjoy . Always remember, do not be too dependent on the materials that you already have, you need to learn to improvise and you need to learn how to survive with only few materials left on your bag/hands.

I agree to most of your statment the only thing is modern world is a term used to describe the present day for example todays modern ways will be old and outdated tomarrow and in prepping there is no such thing as done you are always rotating older products for newer and there are always newer products that are designed for preppers and the multi needs of survival so to say learn to rely on whats in your hand gives the wrong impression in my eyes and for a book that is going to word how to prepp properly in terms that will misguid people in believing they are going to be able t make it through a survival situation because they read a book gives fals hope the bottom line is it will be hard times and some will not be able to survive and to give people the thought that they need to learn to survive with just whats in their hands at time is telling people prepping is not needed and that I feel is just plain wrong to do as a prepper I feel its my dutie to help anyone and everyone I can IE.. why i give classes on minamulist survival and how to prep for yourself nd like I always say SIMPLE AND EASY will always be better then new fancy un needed iteams but the deal still is cordage knifes food water cooking supplies .... will always be helpfull I do not in any way mean to discredit your statment you have great points Im just expressing my concearn about giving new preppers fals hope in their prepping

Latest posts

Back