Bug-Out-Bags For Kids

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Many of you have small children, i know i do. im starting this thread as more of advice on what to pack for your kid(s), but ultamitely, your the parent.

mostly my advice here would be for like 5 and under (some maybe useful for kids a bit older).

IMHO, i dont think a full on kit for a kid is going to be nessicary.
id simply put a few toys, crayons/coloring books, video game (handsets), or board games along with some baggies full of snacks, like cereal or something that doesnt parish where you have to replace it daily.
the reason i say this is because a few factors:
1. i can run with my pack, but can my kid? nope.
2. if im running im probably going to run with my kid. can i run with my pack, my kid + his fully stocked pack? nope (maybe, but should i chance it?)

maybe inna small pocket, put some paracord, or fishing line, something light, it might make him/her feel useful to yhe cause.

when all is said and done, put the pack on your child, and see if they can tun with it, and/or pick them on with yours on and see if you can run with the full weight.

so, where would you pack their nessecitys? in your pack, youll most likely be carring them anyway.

like i said, my honest opinion.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351642612.332970.jpg

What we did was get our youngest a bag with wheels so she can drag it. And like you said small toys and crayons and paper. Some small snacks. The two older ones have full packs. No need for me and momma to carry all the gear. Prepping with kid adds alot more thinking and planning to the bug out plan.

Many of you have small children, i know i do. im starting this thread as more of advice on what to pack for your kid(s), but ultamitely, your the parent.

mostly my advice here would be for like 5 and under (some maybe useful for kids a bit older).

IMHO, i don't think a full on kit for a kid is going to be necessary.
id simply put a few toys, crayons/coloring books, video game (handsets), or board games along with some baggies full of snacks, like cereal or something that doesnt parish where you have to replace it daily.
the reason i say this is because a few factors:
1. i can run with my pack, but can my kid? nope.
2. if im running im probably going to run with my kid. can i run with my pack, my kid + his fully stocked pack? nope (maybe, but should i chance it?)

maybe inna small pocket, put some paracord, or fishing line, something light, it might make him/her feel useful to yhe cause.

when all is said and done, put the pack on your child, and see if they can tun with it, and/or pick them on with yours on and see if you can run with the full weight.

so, where would you pack their necessity? in your pack, you'll most likely be caring them anyway.

like i said, my honest opinion.
We actually started to go through the kids packs this past weekend for the kids. It is a task to be sure!
We added hats and some fun stuff. as well as a flash lights, this may prove to be a "light discipline" problem.
I know with one of them I will start whining in about 100 yds that it is too heavy... She also complains that water is too spicy! Just to give you an idea of
her "tenderness" and sensitivity

We actually started to go through the kids packs this past weekend for the kids. It is a task to be sure!
We added hats and some fun stuff. as well as a flash lights, this may prove to be a "light discipline" problem.
I know with one of them I will start whining in about 100 yds that it is too heavy... She also complains that water is too spicy! Just to give you an idea of
her "tenderness" and sensitivity
I've got one just like that. LOL

Well I have one around 8 and it is getting a lot easier, He is into prepping so he has gear. Toys are way important in my humble opinion. Hell toys are important to me they just cost a lot more.

I feel that keeping their spirits up and their minds off of what ever situation you are "running from" is key. Hearts and minds ya know? Gotta keep them calm. My worst fear about bugging out with the kids is that we will be in a hiding situation and one of them will give away our position with crying or talking...jeesh, I can't imagine bugging out with them. The worst part is, I am divorced so my daughter is with her dad every other weekend and I don't know what to do if something should arise on his weekend. Does anyone else have shared parenting and a plan that seems to work well for that situation?

I feel that keeping their spirits up and their minds off of what ever situation you are "running from" is key. Hearts and minds ya know? Gotta keep them calm. My worst fear about bugging out with the kids is that we will be in a hiding situation and one of them will give away our position with crying or talking...jeesh, I can't imagine bugging out with them. The worst part is, I am divorced so my daughter is with her dad every other weekend and I don't know what to do if something should arise on his weekend. Does anyone else have shared parenting and a plan that seems to work well for that situation?
Ya, i have 2 step boys. I may just put a gun in his face and takem by force if necessary!

Latest posts

Back