Bug out bags and shelters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnG2694

Reaction score
How and what resources did you use to choose your shelter? And what forms of shelter do you use ? Are they usable in all weather conditions?

As for your bug out bag what do you think of a bug out bag + a battlebelt ?

Well my shelter is a mobile home, It's not pretty, but it beats being homeless. Been there done that. The county I live in is rezoning this area, so I am sure it is a matter of time before the park I live in will be a commercial zone which is why I have my bug out bag done/ready, set of clothes packed, and ready for the Big Show to start soon.

As for a bug out bag with a battlebelt, I would say is a very good idea. I have been wanting to make my own. Not sure why I have not done that yet HAHA.

that reminds me..i need to look into a smaller tent while we're in town this comeing friday.and a foot pump for my air mattress.already got hammock on my list..gonna look at wal mart and academy sport for these ..

How and what resources did you use to choose your shelter? And what forms of shelter do you use ? Are they usable in all weather conditions?

As for your bug out bag what do you think of a bug out bag + a battlebelt ?
i think the battle belt is a great idea. good for use on short trips like scouting trips its lite weight . as for shelter i pack 2 tarps you make any shelter you need for all weather types with those and some cord.

cant really wear a BB with my bob but i would luv to have a leg holster for my 9mm.

My temporary bug out shelter is a 4 man tent. Not crazy about the color other than it is red, white, and blue, and the maker is "Hillary" :rolleyes: Ultimately I am planning to build a log cabin once I move to the hills/woods.

Having a battle belt is in my opinion an absolute if your bugging out, if not you'll be taking up huge amounts of space in your BOB for your tactical gear.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
I don't think it's needed unless your going into combat. More stuff to slow you down. If you incorporate your BOB into your belt and carry that instead but I don't see it to be realistic. My BOB has a space blanket,tarp and 5 50 cord to make due til I reach my new AO.

I would go with whatever gear you think is necessary, doesn't matter what any one else thinks. Go with what's good for you. Minimalist are going to be light and fast but might lack gear needed down the road. The trick is to find the balance.

Having a battle belt is in my opinion an absolute if your bugging out, if not you'll be taking up huge amounts of space in your BOB for your tactical gear.
Yea i think its a great idea . but for mine ill be subbing a BB for a leg holster cus ill just be carrying my 9mm with xtra mags then my wife will be carrying a pump shotgun might get her a tactical vest because my bob is on the heavy side so ill be carrying it.

It isn't possible for most of us to have the gear for every kind of situation, so its more about what is comfortable, can you walk a great distance with your gear, can you easily unholster your weapon, can you reload, and can you move quietly, these are questions I ask of my gear.

I know I can walk for long distances in my gear. I know this because I spent 11yrs as a U.S. Army Ranger and all I did is Hump my gear all over the world. I'm just trying to help fellow prepper's from getting too tacticool. There's is alot of unrealistic gear out there and a waste of money, and setting up your web gear incorrectly will get ya killed if you haven't trained with it properly. For example, I see people with 10 clips for there pistol on their gear, WHY? It's your SIDE arm, use your vest or belt, or whatever you have for your primary weapon. If all you have is a pistol, invest in a rifle or at very least a shotgun. There are certain things you learn in combat, you go with what works!

Latest posts

Back