Bug Out Bag, Bug out to where?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon, how many of you out there have NEVER, EVER: parked wrong, drove a bit too fast, used your cell at the wheel or ate a donut when nobody was lookin'??
I can't walk on water yet, so I'm NOT GONNA play like I never, ever eat donuts, especially when I make them myselfs. My peanutbutter cookies are finger lickin' goooood. The pumpkin pie, oatmeal cookies and sometimes on a blue moon, I even make potato pancakes! What's a little donut gonna do to my --not-too-strict--- diet anyway? Don't wanna die perfectly healthy or what? GP

C'mon, how many of you out there have NEVER, EVER: parked wrong, drove a bit too fast, used your cell at the wheel or ate a donut when nobody was lookin'??
I can't walk on water yet, so I'm NOT GONNA play like I never, ever eat donuts, especially when I make them myselfs. My peanutbutter cookies are finger lickin' goooood. The pumpkin pie, oatmeal cookies and sometimes on a blue moon, I even make potato pancakes! What's a little donut gonna do to my --not-too-strict--- diet anyway? Don't wanna die perfectly healthy or what? GP
Agreed, life is short, splurging on something you really enjoy isn’t a bad thing. Now bringing home a dozen and eating them all in one sitting, well......

Oh, I eat my share of junk. Our diets did change when my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Now that she's married we only do the Celiac menus for her. There are some good Celiac foods though. My snack of choice right now is lightly salted rice cakes . zero nutritional value though. My daughter says it's like eating Styrofoam.

my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease
Sorry, really rough on the diet with gluten problems. There were good results with bananas in the diet, easy to digest, good on ballast and a boost on vitamin K. Also, look for Bonemeal tablets. Get some Iron mineral tablets also, iron deficiency leads to amemia and bonemeal helps to prevent the osteoporosis problems involved with Celiac disease. GP

You are correct. It so very hard to get the correct vitamin and mineral consumption. We especially worry about her energy level. She sleeps about 9 hours per night and is still tired. She works really hard too.

Gotta try the new Duncan donuts in Berlin tho.
I go to Dunkin' Donuts to buy coffee. Best coffee in town, and that includes all the boutique coffee shop coffees. If you buy 3 pounds it is discounted to $19.99 which works out to $6.66 per pound. I used to drink gourmet coffee like Kenya AA and Harrar Mocha, but for some reason I can't find good gourmet coffee anymore, at least it's not as good as the Dunkin' coffee. (it used to be though)

worry about her energy level. She sleeps about 9 hours per night and is still tired.
If she is always tired, then it could be partial anemia, iron deficiency won't let the blood carry enough oxygen. Also, if her kidneys are having problems, her creatinin values will not be correct. That makes for migrane headaches and tiredness. I have been using Misteltoe leaves to keep my kidneys working right and balancing my blood pressure. Misteltoe berries are poisonous, but the leaves are not. 5-6 cut up, left overnight in a quart of well water or bottled water, (no tap water) and drunk over the day regularly.

DrH: we get fresh green coffee beans from a store in Stuttgart. Roasted at home and hand ground, boiling water with some sugar in it, drop 2 spoonfuls per cup in the water, re-boil and let the grounds settle. Luv it.

If she is always tired, then it could be partial anemia, iron deficiency won't let the blood carry enough oxygen. Also, if her kidneys are having problems, her creatinin values will not be correct. That makes for migrane headaches and tiredness. I have been using Misteltoe leaves to keep my kidneys working right and balancing my blood pressure. Misteltoe berries are poisonous, but the leaves are not. 5-6 cut up, left overnight in a quart of well water or bottled water, (no tap water) and drunk over the day regularly.

We monitor her levels quite often. And keep her on different supplements. No mistletoe so far. She has a very healthy diet and doesn't drink pop or sugary drinks. She does like wine though. They are in the Smokey Mts this weekend touring vineyards and checking out the local moonshine. Lol

Kind of like drinking rubbing alcohol to me. Do enjoy beer and wine though

My neighbor makes apple pie moonshine that is to be diluted 1:4 because it's almost 200 proof (I think that's what he said). My husband drank some straight and I knew right away when I found him in his office snoring like a pig.

"safe" 'shine, go get some 190 proof Everclear

A funny ancedote for you, my Granddaddy used to hold his nose as he was drinkin' 'shine. Only the family understood. Lots of funny thoughts and jokes about him doing it. Only after he died did we tell the rest of the world why...He said that "If I can smell it, my mouth starts to water; and I don't wanna DRINK IT DILUTED!!"

Latest posts

Back