Bucket Commode

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I picked this item up before I went camping a couple of weeks ago to "field test" it.
I found this to be extremely handy! I wouldn't consider leaving home to camp with out one now!
I know it isn't very green of me, but if all else fails kitchen size trash bags work great, and they are usually really good about being water tight.

Travel john does sell replacement kits for the Bucket Commode that come with hand wipes some toilet paper and a bag with absorbent in it.

Standard Features:
  • Flexible & Soft PVC Material
  • Durable & Easy To Clean
  • Corrosive Resistant
  • Can Be Folded In Half
  • Fits Any 5 Gallon Bucket Or Pail
  • Includes 3 Solid Waste Collection Bags.
bucketcommode.jpg

thats cool! and another thing, if you dont have a bucket, you can prop the lid on some out of the way rocks, and still be comfortable.

thats cool! and another thing, if you dont have a bucket, you can prop the lid on some out of the way rocks, and still be comfortable.
It sure makes life easier and a heck of a lot more comfortable!
You could also use the lid on wood if you made a portable out house

Bwaaaahahahahaha!!!!! Yall are on a roll tonite. heehee..... On a roll....... Oh nevermind.

I like the terlet. If it works, well then it's awesome. I always just had an entrenching tool and some biodegradable wipes, but this seems almost like having furniture!

Bwaaaahahahahaha!!!!! Yall are on a roll tonite. heehee..... On a roll....... Oh nevermind.

I like the terlet. If it works, well then it's awesome. I always just had an entrenching tool and some biodegradable wipes, but this seems almost like having furniture!
It is quite useful! I can get biodegradable bags for it too. It sure beets the hover method or leaning on a rock.

that set up is a good idea..and it reminded me of the bedside toilet that we have in the attic..it consist of a aluminum frame,and the rest of it is plastic.but the 3 gallon bucket gets used elsewhere.it'd be good for in the woods or wherever.just dig a hole.and set the seat over it..but yet.the bucket is still good to use.so the bags is only needed for it.and some sort of incloser for privecy...

roll roll roll your tp this way.then that way..

We originally had something similar to this but found it difficult to keep the smells in check, we added scented disinfectant etc but found that when it was being used as a portable loo in the camper van spills, smells constantly escaped,, oh and its far to easy for a Labrador gone mad or a pre schooler to tip the bucket commode up. so we replaced it with a proper camping toilet from Thetford or Fiamma

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/PortableToilets/tabid/83/Default.aspx

http://www.fiammastore.com/Camping-and-Caravan-Portable-Toilets/Fiamma-Bi-Pot-Portable-Toilet

I picked this item up before I went camping a couple of weeks ago to "field test" it.
I found this to be extremely handy! I wouldn't consider leaving home to camp with out one now!
I know it isn't very green of me, but if all else fails kitchen size trash bags work great, and they are usually really good about being water tight.

Travel john does sell replacement kits for the Bucket Commode that come with hand wipes some toilet paper and a bag with absorbent in it.

Standard Features:
  • Flexible & Soft PVC Material
  • Durable & Easy To Clean
  • Corrosive Resistant
  • Can Be Folded In Half
  • Fits Any 5 Gallon Bucket Or Pail
  • Includes 3 Solid Waste Collection Bags.
bucketcommode.jpg

We originally had something similar to this but found it difficult to keep the smells in check, we added scented disinfectant etc but found that when it was being used as a portable loo in the camper van spills, smells constantly escaped,, oh and its far to easy for a Labrador gone mad or a pre schooler to tip the bucket commode up. so we replaced it with a proper camping toilet from Thetford or Fiamma

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/PortableToilets/tabid/83/Default.aspx

http://www.fiammastore.com/Camping-and-Caravan-Portable-Toilets/Fiamma-Bi-Pot-Portable-Toilet
The standing order with my group is you use a new bag each and every time. I have had mine about 2 years and so far no smell.

The proper porta pottis do away with the need for bags, the waste goes into a sealed container where the added chemicals help break it down for disposal when convenient, and they have a built in flush and clean water tank, the bigger ones will served a family of four for over a full week before the tank needs emptying.

FYI the Japanese have one that also has a bidet function built in !!!.

Latest posts

Back