Brit electricity charges gone sky high

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propwash

Reaction score
Aaargh I looked at my electricity meter and see my charges have TREBLED to £7 (9 USD) a day!!!
Same for everybody else in Britain, our charges have gone through the roof because it's something to do with the economic knock-on effect of Putin's war!

Aaargh I looked at my electricity meter and see my charges have TREBLED to £7 (9 USD) a day!!!
Same for everybody else in Britain, our charges have gone through the roof because it's something to do with the economic knock-on effect of Putin's war!

Yeah...no. It is a little more complicated than that. In a nutshell: Net Zero.

The World Economic Forum has put forth "guidelines" for the future. Many of the leaders including Brittan and the US have pursued those goals.

One of the first things Biden did when he took office was restrict lending for oil and gas exploration. Then he threw monkey wrenches along the way for leases, drilling and production.

They have closed Nuclear electricity facilities in Germany and France, started to decommission dams that use hydro electric to "save the fish", and are regulating/taxing the snot out of natural gas production. They are spending billions on the unreliable wind and solar, while encouraging the use of electric vehicles for everyone, putting higher demand on an increasingly limited supply of electricity, a shortage, which they created with their own policies.

The reason your electric bill is going up is "Climate Change" but not because of actual climate change itself, because the powers that be are using it as an excuse to get to one of their other goals "By 2030, you will own nothing, and be happy".

Last edited:
By 2030, I will not need their electricity any more. Wanna build a small windmill and increase the solar as we move along. Or else, I will only use their electricity to charge my batteries and move the whole house to 12V and a 220V inverter.

We are also looking to go energy independent. We have a spring fed creek so the husband is learning about building a hydro electric dam. Wind at BOL2 is feast or famine. Lots of trees so the windbreaks cause an issue. Have more solar panels than needed so some will be reserved for use when others go bad. There is also that compost methane tank that I am still exploring for cooking fuel and possibly some other uses.

Latest posts

Back