Bringing a SxS to your bug out location.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a Polaris General we use on the lease now because they dont allow you to run around the property in a truck or jeep.
But to get to the best fishing spots you really have to have one. Of course if things go south that rule would most likely be ended.
The main reason I can see wanting one is to get around the property and use less gas to do it. My Tundra only gets around 11 mpg so it's a gas guzzler for sure.
I can put ten gallons in the SxS and get an easy 100 mile range and thats really getting on it and having fun.
So,worth bringing or best left at home?
C8D67420-689F-49CD-827B-86B18C40E3CA.jpeg

Or, get an ATV to keep at home JIC and put that out on the property.

I look at ours as a plan C bug out vehicle. If the trucks won't start (EMP) and the horses are already there along with the UTV, hook up the tow behind trailer and go overland if the roads are clogged, closed or unsafe.

Otherwise, yes, pack it along.

By all means bring it! I have a CanAm 1000 sxs and love it. I use it every day around the ranch. It has heat and AC. During winter I mount a set of tracks on it and use it on the trapline too. Also have a 6 foot snow blower that mounts on the front for clearing the road.
View attachment 15593

Now that is Winter.

Or, get an ATV to keep at home JIC and put that out on the property.

I look at ours as a plan C bug out vehicle. If the trucks won't start (EMP) and the horses are already there along with the UTV, hook up the tow behind trailer and go overland if the roads are clogged, closed or unsafe.

Otherwise, yes, pack it along.

The only thing that worries me is my Wife would have to pull the trailer since Her Tacoma isnt capable of towing the camper.
We've discussed which vehicle to bug out in. Her 4x4 Tacoma gets around 22 mpg while my Tundra only gets around 11 mpg and thats not towing anything.
When towing the camper I get around 8 mpg in the Tundra so by the time we got to our bug out location I would burn dang near 38 gallons.
The other option would be for me to take two trips which would burn another 38 gallons.
If we were just bugging out Her Tacoma would be the obvious choice.

You make me glad I got a diesel.
I just sold a LC, same motor as your Tundra that pulled a horse trailer at 13mpg fully loaded when I moved.
My wife’s FJ, same motor as your Taco gets 17 around town. Would only pull my boat or small trailer with that.
I drive my diesel, 19 around town. 22 when I took a 800 mile cruise. Just haven’t done any long haul with the horse trailer

I say bring your SxS! I wish we had one here but we have made roads with crushed concrete so can use a golf cart to get around now, but I know about our gumbo mud!! Before we took the crushed concert out to the big cow pasture, I was sinking in mud, up to my calves when I had to feed the Big cows while Hunny was down after surgery. We have now taken concrete washout multiple times and it is finally a benefit instead of a sink hole. . .

You make me glad I got a diesel.
I just sold a LC, same motor as your Tundra that pulled a horse trailer at 13mpg fully loaded when I moved.
My wife’s FJ, same motor as your Taco gets 17 around town. Would only pull my boat or small trailer with that.
I drive my diesel, 19 around town. 22 when I took a 800 mile cruise. Just haven’t done any long haul with the horse trailer

It crossed my mind to sell the Tundra and get an F250 but I love my Tundra.
Since I retired I'm not concerned with my mileage since I dont drive every day.
The Tundra is a 2016 and only has around 11,600 miles on it so it's basically still brand new.
With the car market like it is today getting another new truck would be expensive as hell thats assuming I could even find one.
The dealer we bought our trucks from keeps trying to get us to trade in our trucks.
They wanted to offer me 25k for my Tundra which is laughable when they'd turn around and sell it for 30k.

I say bring your SxS! I wish we had one here but we have made roads with crushed concrete so can use a golf cart to get around now, but I know about our gumbo mud!! Before we took the crushed concert out to the big cow pasture, I was sinking in mud, up to my calves when I had to feed the Big cows while Hunny was down after surgery. We have now taken concrete washout multiple times and it is finally a benefit instead of a sink hole. . .

I miss my golf cart.
Had one when we lived in Junction and miss tooling around in the middle of the night and seeing all the nocturnal animals.
But for pure fun and adrenaline you cant beat a 1000cc SxS. I've never even topped it out as far as top speed goes,I get a bit chicken past 60mph.

It crossed my mind to sell the Tundra and get an F250 but I love my Tundra.
Since I retired I'm not concerned with my mileage since I dont drive every day.
The Tundra is a 2016 and only has around 11,600 miles on it so it's basically still brand new.
With the car market like it is today getting another new truck would be expensive as hell thats assuming I could even find one.
The dealer we bought our trucks from keeps trying to get us to trade in our trucks.
They wanted to offer me 25k for my Tundra which is laughable when they'd turn around and sell it for 30k.
I beat the trend last year. I have been offered more for my Cummins truck than I paid for it. Same for the FJ.
I specked it out for my last Vehicle.
FJ is my wife’s toy. What we got for the LC is going into building it. She has already double what she paid For it As an estimate.
The market is that hot.

I beat the trend last year. I have been offered more for my Cummins truck than I paid for it. Same for the FJ.
I specked it out for my last Vehicle.
FJ is my wife’s toy. What we got for the LC is going into building it. She has already double what she paid For it As an estimate.
The market is that hot.

I loved my FJ,it was a 2007 and I traded it in for 14k towards the new Tundra in late 2016.
I needed something that would tow.
Made Mr. January in the Pro Comp calendar with this shot at Barnwell Mountain near Dallas.
2E9B4BA8-3AE4-45B5-A77C-207DBDB2636D_1_201_a.jpeg

Latest posts

Back