Brand New Prepper in need of suggestions.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC Prepper

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am so glad that I discovered this forum because I am just getting started prepping and I need suggestions for what I should aquire. I am a family man on a limited budget but I want to get a supply stock started and I wanted to make sure I cover all the bases.

Hello everyone, I am so glad that I discovered this forum because I am just getting started prepping and I need suggestions for what I should aquire. I am a family man on a limited budget but I want to get a supply stock started and I wanted to make sure I cover all the bases.

I am a new prepper on a budget as well. I'm going to browse the extreme couponer websites for food to stock up on, search for sales, etc. I think costco has complete first aid packages, the dollar store for hygienic items.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am sure being either a currently a Marine or you have ETSed you have a ruck/alice pack.
I would start by putting together a bug out bag, and acquire some food with a decent expiration date. Especially water.
there are several threads on here that will help with both.
Here is a thread for bug out bags. Bug Out Bags

Glad to have you here Devil Dog! My guess is you are at Camp Pendleton.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome !

The most important thing you want to acquire is knowledge. Learn how to treat/find water. Build fires In more than 1 or 2 ways. Etc...
Welcome

Welcome USMC!

I agree with Clyde, bug bag should be your next priority, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

welcome to our little corner of the web, :D we HAD cookies, but i think Hades hogged them all.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the tips. I started a Bag yesterday with some basics for myself and family. I am going to be purchasing a rather large bag next week that has a 100 oz resevoir and many pockets because my current bag doesnt hold enough. I am going to be packing a set of clothes for myself, my wife and my daughter as well as lighters, matches, a fire starter kit, dry food, 550 rope, 2 prestocked hygiene bags, 2 LED headlamps. Water purifying tabs, extra batteries, 10 mylar blankets. 2 large camo tarps, gun cleaning kit, Beretta 92fs with 2 loaded clips and about 50 extra rounds, a machete and some knives.Also A multimeter for troubleshooting electronics. I am going to be investing in a Mossberg 500 next week as well. I am going to get more water bladders as well as more food. Also as far as knowledge is concerned I have been researching and copying How To Guides and DIY guides to everything I can think of onto my laptop and Im looking into investing in a solar roll made by Brunton to charge my laptop because Im a firm believer that knowledge will be power when the shit hits the fan and hopefully if anything ever happens I will have more than enough info stored away for any situation.. Here is a list of my near future investments-
1. Mossberg 500
2.Solar Roll for charging electronics
3. 2nd Bug out bag
4 Extra bladders
5.Vegetable seeds
6.AMMO, AMMO, AMMO

Also has anyone else from the SoCAL area ever considered forming a Doomsday type group that plans to bug out but could band together to survive/rebuild/ etc?

***********Democracy is the art of saying nice doggie until you find a bigger stick!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the tips. I started a Bag yesterday with some basics for myself and family. I am going to be purchasing a rather large bag next week that has a 100 oz resevoir and many pockets because my current bag doesnt hold enough. I am going to be packing a set of clothes for myself, my wife and my daughter as well as lighters, matches, a fire starter kit, dry food, 550 rope, 2 prestocked hygiene bags, 2 LED headlamps. Water purifying tabs, extra batteries, 10 mylar blankets. 2 large camo tarps, gun cleaning kit, Beretta 92fs with 2 loaded clips and about 50 extra rounds, a machete and some knives.Also A multimeter for troubleshooting electronics. I am going to be investing in a Mossberg 500 next week as well. I am going to get more water bladders as well as more food. Also as far as knowledge is concerned I have been researching and copying How To Guides and DIY guides to everything I can think of onto my laptop and Im looking into investing in a solar roll made by Brunton to charge my laptop because Im a firm believer that knowledge will be power when the shit hits the fan and hopefully if anything ever happens I will have more than enough info stored away for any situation.. Here is a list of my near future investments-
1. Mossberg 500
2.Solar Roll for charging electronics
3. 2nd Bug out bag
4 Extra bladders
5.Vegetable seeds
6.AMMO, AMMO, AMMO

Also has anyone else from the SoCAL area ever considered forming a Doomsday type group that plans to bug out but could band together to survive/rebuild/ etc?

I think thats a great idea,

***********Democracy is the art of saying nice doggie until you find a bigger stick!!!!!!

Im not sure how we could organize such a group, but obviously we would need a predetermined location to meet in case of any dire situation and we would all need some decent handheld radios with a good range capability with a predetermined frequency. Because if shit does hit the fan this forum probably wont be an option for comm.

Im not sure how we could organize such a group, but obviously we would need a predetermined location to meet in case of any dire situation and we would all need some decent handheld radios with a good range capability with a predetermined frequency. Because if shit does hit the fan this forum probably wont be an option for comm.
I agree, I will start putting the wheels in motion.

Welcome USMC Prepper...Marine Corp family here as well, but we are in Ohio now that his time at Stumps is done... sad about the Marine being killed out there this week... anyhow...I think it sounds like you have quite a good grasp on the beginning stages of prepping! Your training will be VERY handy I am sure, as well as any bags/equipment you may have aquired in service. I hope that you find your niche here! Can't wait to read your posts and hear your questions and ideas!

very true lol survive that place, you can make it anywhere lol I sure miss warm weather (im from texas) and this crappy Ohio weather is really making me wanna go south/south west

Latest posts

Back