Brand New Ohio Member Here!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hj1984

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself! I am a 28 year old mother of 3, military in my entire family and my fiance is also an ex-marine (I'm not allowed to say that in front of him...he says "once a Marine, always a Marine!") but I feel like I am lying if I say he is still a Marine if that makes sense. Anyhow...I am beginning the long process of starting life as a prepper. I am very new to the scene even though I have been obsessed with the idea for quite sometime. It's time for me to stop obsessing and start doing something. I have feared 2012 since I was in highschool and the whole Myan scare became a big story. Now I am more concerened with economic meltdown or communism taking over the states. Even the possibility of severe weather patterns effecting our way of life, as that seems to be happening a lot more here lately, is something that I am ready to prep for. I am a republican and proud of it. I support gun ownership and self defense is one of my main concerns if something were to happen to my "Marine" and I were left to fend for myself and my children without the help of an experienced fighter/shooter to guide us and protect us. I hope that this forum/community is more helpful than the others I have been on which seem to be unused. Thank you for reading and I hope that I can contribute in some way to the community in return for my knowledge gained!

Sincerely,
HJ1984

Your very being here is a good first step to prepping lifestyle. sometimes we get carried away on some threads but there is good info to be had here.
If you dont see what you are thinking about, just start a thread and mention it. sorry you were here so long before I saw your post, I was in conversation on the shpoutbox lol. Glad you joined us.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself! I am a 28 year old mother of 3, military in my entire family and my fiance is also an ex-marine (I'm not allowed to say that in front of him...he says "once a Marine, always a Marine!") but I feel like I am lying if I say he is still a Marine if that makes sense. Anyhow...I am beginning the long process of starting life as a prepper. I am very new to the scene even though I have been obsessed with the idea for quite sometime. It's time for me to stop obsessing and start doing something. I have feared 2012 since I was in highschool and the whole Myan scare became a big story. Now I am more concerened with economic meltdown or communism taking over the states. Even the possibility of severe weather patterns effecting our way of life, as that seems to be happening a lot more here lately, is something that I am ready to prep for. I am a republican and proud of it. I support gun ownership and self defense is one of my main concerns if something were to happen to my "Marine" and I were left to fend for myself and my children without the help of an experienced fighter/shooter to guide us and protect us. I hope that this forum/community is more helpful than the others I have been on which seem to be unused. Thank you for reading and I hope that I can contribute in some way to the community in return for my knowledge gained!

Sincerely,
HJ1984
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am so very glad you are here!
You are steps ahead of many if for no other reason than you wanting to know how to shoot!
There are great members on this site, and they are willing to help.
Feel free to share your prepping experience, and things you have learned on the way!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome aboard! So where do you want to start ?
Well I want to begin with the purchase of a pistol/handgun that I can handle but still packs a punch. I then want to work on a plan for communicating with family when the cell phones go down, grid is down etc. I am working on a first aid kit, and looking to take a first aid course so that I am able to help myself or family when needed. I also feel that those skills, though limited to basic triage, would be able to be bartered if needed. Then I need to figure out food storage, canning (is that a thing round here? LoL) and bug out bags so that if we need to leave (we don't want to bug out if we don'1 110% need to) and a plan of where to go. We have kids and live in an duplex with literally NO storage. I am thinking of purchasing a second shed for the back yard for storage of items that temperatures won't harm. It gets cold here in winter.

Well I want to begin with the purchase of a pistol/handgun that I can handle but still packs a punch. I then want to work on a plan for communicating with family when the cell phones go down, grid is down etc. I am working on a first aid kit, and looking to take a first aid course so that I am able to help myself or family when needed. I also feel that those skills, though limited to basic triage, would be able to be bartered if needed. Then I need to figure out food storage, canning (is that a thing round here? LoL) and bug out bags so that if we need to leave (we don't want to bug out if we don'1 110% need to) and a plan of where to go. We have kids and live in an duplex with literally NO storage. I am thinking of purchasing a second shed for the back yard for storage of items that temperatures won't harm. It gets cold here in winter.
Here is a thread on handguns check it out Ultimate Doomsday Pistols
For communication check out this thread on Communication

I hope this helps get you started. let me now if you have any other questions.

Welcome hj1984!
Ive studied alooooot about the Mayan prophecies.
Did you know they found other Mayan tablets that go 7000 years past the Dec. 21 timeline?
If you hav e any questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome. Great bunch of people here always willing to help out. It's a very civil website.

Welcome hj1984!
Ive studied alooooot about the Mayan prophecies.
Did you know they found other Mayan tablets that go 7000 years past the Dec. 21 timeline?
If you hav e any questions, feel free to ask!
no i dint knot that.. they're all focusing of the end of THIS calendar,,,, hit me up im interested in this

Latest posts

Back