Boots

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no stranger to farm work, but I just recently realized why cowboy boots are pointed at the toes. I had to walk through a field of tall dry grass looking for a lost cat by my parents place. I do not know what kind of grass was growing out there, but walking through it was a serious workout and killed my lower back. Whatever kind of grass that was, it sure catches on shoes. I sure wish I would have had a pair of good pointed-toe boots for walking through that crap!

I am no stranger to farm work, but I just recently realized why cowboy boots are pointed at the toes. I had to walk through a field of tall dry grass looking for a lost cat by my parents place. I do not know what kind of grass was growing out there, but walking through it was a serious workout and killed my lower back. Whatever kind of grass that was, it sure catches on shoes. I sure wish I would have had a pair of good pointed-toe boots for walking through that crap!
The sharp point on cowboy boots were designed to make it easier to get in to a stirrup. And the big heel was to keep the foot from going through the stirrup. At least thats what cowboy boots were originally made for. Then the city f$%k's and fakers "discovered" them and made them cool, and more expensive.

The sharp point on cowboy boots were designed to make it easier to get in to a stirrup. And the big heel was to keep the foot from going through the stirrup. At least thats what cowboy boots were originally made for. Then the city f$%k's and fakers "discovered" them and made them cool, and more expensive.
I agree, I grew up with horses!! Sure miss them now!!

Footwear is my Achilles heel...
My foot is a 12 1/2 EEEEEE with very high arches. Nothing fits me correctly. I've been to a foot doctor to see if I could get some kind of "prescription footwear" and he was no help at all. I have bought size 14 boots just to be able to get my foot in them. Then they are too long with the arch support in the wrong place.
With size 13 extra wide boots, I have to put boot stretchers in them for at least six months before I can wear them. And then it takes a year at least before they are comfortable.
I actually have some 12 1/2 EEEEEE shoes, but the heel is too wide. The toe box was too narrow until I put shoe stretchers in them for A YEAR. I have to be careful not to roll my ankle inside the heel of the shoes. I sprained one ankle twice in one day.
I too have very wide feet ,the only boots I've ever er seen advertised as 13 EEEE is thoroughgood boots ,pricy but good American made in Wisconsin. I've been wearing a Merrell boot 13ew that stretches enough for comfortable wear but they wear out quickly with rough use and can catch them on sale at sportsman's guide for 120.00 at times , but yeah it's tough finding boots when you have wide feet , side zip heads to get on and off too.

I was raised on a small farm in S.C., we had horse, milk cows.
So I wore a lot of boots, Western boots until I had back trouble, not sure that was the reason.
I have the scout hat from when my son was in boy scouts, Thank God, he made eagle scout, now I get to sleep in a bed, instead on cold ground.
Not a big hat & boot person unless the weather calls for it.
But I am retired & love my mesh slip on shoes.
Never owned crocs, never will if I have a choice.

Latest posts

Back