Books to Reference

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnready

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm not looking in the right forum but how about a section to list books you find usefull and recommend adding to your preps for a good resource or just a good read.

just got this book from Amazon called: 52 Prepper Projects, a project a week to help you prepare for the unpredictable. Author, David Nash.

I thought it best to keep books instead of downloads. If power were to go out for extended period you would not have access. Also you may forget some skills you havent used in a long time and need to refresh your memory.

Just finished one of the projects in my new book. Did not know I could dehydrate frozen veggies. Being frigid/winter here gives me something to do to keep up on my preps.

Another awesome read was of course: The Patriots. I read book first then read to my husband as we drove cross country. Gave us alot to talk about and finally got my husband on board with my prepping!

you tube and google are my best friends for how tos but you need to learn before you need the skills in question so start now .... foxfire collection has lots of good know how if you can get through the fact that it lacks diagrams and pictures.

I wont be able to rely on the internet for information that I may need when the grid goes down so that's why I have started a prep library. I keep all my survival magazines, Mother Earth News, Backwoods Homes along with other skill manuals in a large tote. It will be easy to refer to if I need to brush up on a skill or look up how to quickly!

Latest posts

Back