Blank Slate

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Cody

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Cody and I am from Minnesota, I have been curious about preppers for awhile now and have done some light reading. I have not watched the shows because I think reality TV in general is the equivalent of ignorance. With that being said I would like to learn more about the beliefs and lives of preppers. I want to be clear that I am not personally a prepper and I am not looking to become one, I am simply looking for knowledge and understanding. Also, I am not here to start arguments or fights; just looking for some great discussion.
I am wondering what dooms that you are prepping for and is everyone prepping for the same doom? Please enlighten me!

Hi,
My name is Cody and I am from Minnesota, I have been curious about preppers for awhile now and have done some light reading. I have not watched the shows because I think reality TV in general is the equivalent of ignorance. With that being said I would like to learn more about the beliefs and lives of preppers. I want to be clear that I am not personally a prepper and I am not looking to become one, I am simply looking for knowledge and understanding. Also, I am not here to start arguments or fights; just looking for some great discussion.
I am wondering what dooms that you are prepping for and is everyone prepping for the same doom? Please enlighten me!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hello Cody. I'm going to sum it up in a nutshell or at least try to. I don't prep for zombies. I prep for the things the weather throws at us here, things the economy is doing. It's just keeping your pantry stocked and learning to rely on yourself and who is safe to rely on as well. I refuse to rely on the government to take care of my family. They can't take care of their own business, why would they handle my business any better?

This is a copy of a reply that I wrote for someone else. It is verbose but it is what it is. I really hope you find answers to your questions. If you have any you wish to direct to me... feel free to do so.

"As you can tell by looking at our little profiles... everyone here is pretty much here for somewhat different reason but under the idea that we need to prepare now to protect ourselves and our families/friends should something happen.

I am prepping for several reasons. I live in Florida and while my city never has had a direct hit of a hurricane it would be very silly to think it couldn't happen and it would be very immature not to prepare. (I think Hurricane Dora skirted us back in 1963)

I also am worried about our economy suffering a meltdown. I see how our government is spending and spending regardless of common sense. We are $16,000,000,000 (16 Trillion) in debt with no real way to pay it back in our life time. Let me give you an idea about how large that number is... if I were to pay you $1 a second... it would be over 30 years before I paid you $1,000,000,000 (1 billion). As you know a trillion is a 1,000 billion.

I also see how our country is starting to disintegrate morally and socially. I have seen how the students in our schools behave and how the parents are accepting of their outrageous behavior. I walk in Walmart and what used to be only seen at the circus sideshows is an everyday occurrence (I was there today and I saw this woman with her kids they were just pulling things off the shelf, sending it to the floor, and she didn't care at all what a mess was made or the damage it caused). I see how people expect others to do for them... regardless how others are affected. I see how our government is growing and producing citizens that feel everybody owes them without the responsibility of anything in return. I could go on and on.

Most of us here are not freaks... most of us are really good people... most of the people here DON'T want anything to go wrong. They want to see America be successful. They LOVE this country and the principles it was built on.

I really don't plan on "bugging out" should/when things start to go bad. I hope to stay at home if the SHTF. Others do plan on grabbing their stuff and head to another location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in some other way."

This is a copy of a reply that I wrote for someone else. It is verbose but it is what it is. I really hope you find answers to your questions. If you have any you wish to direct to me... feel free to do so.

"As you can tell by looking at our little profiles... everyone here is pretty much here for somewhat different reason but under the idea that we need to prepare now to protect ourselves and our families/friends should something happen.

I am prepping for several reasons. I live in Florida and while my city never has had a direct hit of a hurricane it would be very silly to think it couldn't happen and it would be very immature not to prepare. (I think Hurricane Dora skirted us back in 1963)

I also am worried about our economy suffering a meltdown. I see how our government is spending and spending regardless of common sense. We are $16,000,000,000 (16 Trillion) in debt with no real way to pay it back in our life time. Let me give you an idea about how large that number is... if I were to pay you $1 a second... it would be over 30 years before I paid you $1,000,000,000 (1 billion). As you know a trillion is a 1,000 billion.

I also see how our country is starting to disintegrate morally and socially. I have seen how the students in our schools behave and how the parents are accepting of their outrageous behavior. I walk in Walmart and what used to be only seen at the circus sideshows is an everyday occurrence (I was there today and I saw this woman with her kids they were just pulling things off the shelf, sending it to the floor, and she didn't care at all what a mess was made or the damage it caused). I see how people expect others to do for them... regardless how others are affected. I see how our government is growing and producing citizens that feel everybody owes them without the responsibility of anything in return. I could go on and on.

Most of us here are not freaks... most of us are really good people... most of the people here DON'T want anything to go wrong. They want to see America be successful. They LOVE this country and the principles it was built on.

I really don't plan on "bugging out" should/when things start to go bad. I hope to stay at home if the SHTF. Others do plan on grabbing their stuff and head to another location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in some other way."

lets not forget hurricane katrina.even thoe im sevral miles from the gulf coast.we still got some effect from it.downed trees damaged roofs ect ect.it might be a very slim chance one will do worse then that here,but it's still posible..then there's the econimy.it's getting worse with each month.then there's the emp of 1859,it's not only possible another one will happen.,but when?

If
Hi,
if you have car, house, health, or life insurance you are already a prepper. :) Prepping comes in al shapes and life styles. I personally don't have the money to prep over the top, but I have family plans in case of different emergencies. I have firearms, a food stock on the side of canned goods and water, bug out bags and survival knowledge gear/knowledge. I don't have a bunker, or even a farm. I am a simple married mother who lives in Kansas. (in an apartment!) I consider myself a prepper and live by "better safe than sorry". Nothing wrong with staying informed. Our society has become comfortable with the cushioned life style of technology, but what would happen if all our comforts were gone? No stores, medicine, electricity, cars, etc.. This isn't some crazy conspiracy theory, there are thousands of reasons that can cause what I just mentioned, even something as simple as a natural disaster. You may not be without electricity and such for YEARS but even a couple weeks could really be devastating. Prepping fits all types of people and budgets, give it a try, what have you got to lose? :)

Latest posts

Back