Blackouts Loom in California as Electricity Prices Are ‘Absolutely Exploding’

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the metaphorical "elephant country" I was talking about. The once thriving and productive Central Valley of California is now like a third world country thanks to illegal immigration and the eco-morons.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2010/12/two-californias-victor-davis-hanson/
Here are some general observations about what I saw (other than that the rural roads of California are fast turning into rubble, poorly maintained and reverting to what I remember seeing long ago in the rural South). First, remember that these areas are the ground zero, so to speak, of 20 years of illegal immigration. There has been a general depression in farming — to such an extent that the 20- to-100-acre tree and vine farmer, the erstwhile backbone of the old rural California, for all practical purposes has ceased to exist.
On the western side of the Central Valley, the effects of arbitrary cutoffs in federal irrigation water have idled tens of thousands of acres of prime agricultural land, leaving thousands unemployed. Manufacturing plants in the towns in these areas — which used to make harvesters, hydraulic lifts, trailers, food-processing equipment — have largely shut down; their production has been shipped off overseas or south of the border. Agriculture itself — from almonds to raisins — has increasingly become corporatized and mechanized, cutting by half the number of farm workers needed. So unemployment runs somewhere between 15 and 20 percent.
Many of the rural trailer-house compounds I saw appear to the naked eye no different from what I have seen in the Third World. There is a Caribbean look to the junked cars, electric wires crisscrossing between various outbuildings, plastic tarps substituting for replacement shingles, lean-tos cobbled together as auxiliary housing, pit bulls unleashed, and geese, goats, and chickens roaming around the yards. The public hears about all sorts of tough California regulations that stymie business — rigid zoning laws, strict building codes, constant inspections — but apparently none of that applies out here.

California has been on the decline since the 1960s.

Like a cancer, it has spread so far and wide that it can be diagnosed from space.

This is exactly what was meant by the Communist battlecry: "Corrupt society and get rich doing it!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...s-smud-begs-customers-to-conserve/ar-AA11x7egAfter averting blackouts Monday night, the managers of California’s electricity grid was struggling to navigate a day when energy consumption in the state was expected to blow past the all-time record.
SMUD issued its own warning to the Sacramento region that blackouts could hit the area for the first time in 20 years, and urged customers to raise their thermostats to 82 degrees late in the afternoon.

Mine is at 72 like it always is. Still not drawing off the grid.
They pay me pennies and charge me dollars when my solar is unable to produce.
Its 114 and I am not changing the thermostat.
If my power goes down, I have my Gen. My Gen powers heat, water, internet, fridges, bedroom ceiling fans and a few plugs and lights.
I am keeping the house as cool as possible in case they shut down the grid.
Too often I have seen the wind farms running at half capacity during these crises. FU Kommunist Republik!!!!!

FU! You woke me up from a nap.
8163C470-7998-4B1A-94C7-671DF481DCAC.png

“California Power Companies Propose Fixed-Rate Bill Based on Income, Not Usage​

1681676754463.png

Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas & Electric, and San Diego Gas & Electric submitted a joint proposal to the state’s Public Utilities Commission last week that outlines the new rate structure. It follows last year’s passage of Assembly Bill 205 which requires a fixed rate and generally simpler bills.

Under the proposal:

• Households earning less than $28,000 a year would pay a fixed charge of $15 a month on their electric bills in Edison and PG&E territories and $24 a month in SDG&E territory.
  • Households with annual income from $28,000 – $69,000 would pay $20 a month in Edison territory, $34 a month in SDG&E territory and $30 a month in PG&E territory.
  • Households earning from $69,000 – $180,000 would pay $51 a month in Edison and PG&E territories and $73 a month in SDG&E territory.
  • Those with incomes above $180,000 would pay $85 a month in Edison territory, $128 a month in SDG&E territory and $92 a month in PG&E territory…”

Sure. Why not? Allow millions to not pay for their increased usage of electricity. What could possibly go wrong?! 🤪

Want to bet those with solar and the grid as back up are going to pay the bills for the ”poor”?

Income based fees on electric. All made possible by a Democrat bill last year. I didn’t know Power Companies could impose an income tax.

Under the proposal:

• Households earning less than $28,000 a year would pay a fixed charge of $15 a month on their electric bills in Edison and PG&E territories and $24 a month in SDG&E territory.
  • Households with annual income from $28,000 – $69,000 would pay $20 a month in Edison territory, $34 a month in SDG&E territory and $30 a month in PG&E territory.
  • Households earning from $69,000 – $180,000 would pay $51 a month in Edison and PG&E territories and $73 a month in SDG&E territory.
  • Those with incomes above $180,000 would pay $85 a month in Edison territory, $128 a month in SDG&E territory and $92 a month in PG&E territory.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/california-power-companies-roll-out-fixed-rate-bill-proposal/
Yet they fail to provide adequate power, safe power lines and donate heavily to the Democrats.

Sorry @GeorgiaPeachie didnt see you had posted it.

Latest posts

Back