Biden Attacks Farms-Comprehensive War on Global Food Supply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score

(Ice Age Farmer) The Biden admin’s executive actions in the last 48 hours are attacking farms and implementing the technocratic takeover of food, accelerating a global collapse in food production by paying farmers NOT to grow food, cutting their financial support, tasking Tom Vilsack’s USDA with a Net-Zero goal, changing COVID guidance on grocery stores, restaurants, and meatpacking plants. Meanwhile, the media is finally acknowledging the soybean shortage, and the US is now also experiencing a fertilizer shortage, which will further increase costs and cause yields will collapse. As other countries stop exporting to protect domestic supplies, the US has been wholly sold out. This confluence of issues and cascading failures merits our attention urgently — start growing food today.

This should concern everyone. I would suggest everyone to start growing what you can and to preserve all the excess you can get.

Last edited:
They did provide an explanation. It's unfortunate the previous administration was so preoccupied tilting at windmills these last few months. Had crafting robust policy been a priority, we wouldn't be having this issue.

The last guys passed off sloppy work. Now, it has to be reviewed. Sucks for farmers, hopefully it'll be reflected at the ballot box next time.

I know you're bored. Have nothing better to do. And if there's something meaningful you'd like to contribute to the conversation, I'm all ears. If not...the adults are talking.

It sucks for farmers. My friends and neighbors are hurt by this. I don't know how many of you are farmers, or come from farm communities- but no one gets into farming thinking it's going to be a cake walk. They perpetually have their fingers crossed- will the rain come, will it stay away, will the loan go through etc. It is a big deal, I don't want to sound like I'm dismissing it. But these are people used to it.

This is a thing Congress can pass overnight if they want to. If they want to work together. I hope Representative Jackson is working proactively to introduce legislation to help the farmers he cares about.

And as much as it hurts farms and farm communities, I don't want a repeat of last spring, when millions went to Fortune 500 companies instead of the mom-and-pop companies the programs were meant to help. Given out the checked history of doling out cash, I can understand why the program is worth reviewing.

I know you're bored. Have nothing better to do. And if there's something meaningful you'd like to contribute to the conversation, I'm all ears. If not...the adults are talking.

It sucks for farmers. My friends and neighbors are hurt by this. I don't know how many of you are farmers, or come from farm communities- but no one gets into farming thinking it's going to be a cake walk. They perpetually have their fingers crossed- will the rain come, will it stay away, will the loan go through etc. It is a big deal, I don't want to sound like I'm dismissing it. But these are people used to it.

This is a thing Congress can pass overnight if they want to. If they want to work together. I hope Representative Jackson is working proactively to introduce legislation to help the farmers he cares about.

And as much as it hurts farms and farm communities, I don't want a repeat of last spring, when millions went to Fortune 500 companies instead of the mom-and-pop companies the programs were meant to help. Given out the checked history of doling out cash, I can understand why the program is worth reviewing.
Problem is I dont know if they can work together. The Dems want their left-winged agenda and Republicans want to rein them in. . . With this next "Cares Package" Schumer has already said they will get it passed without Republican support. So much for bi-partisan. For us Republicans we see all the EOs Biden is signing without even consulting Congress.

For us Republicans we see all the EOs Biden is signing without even consulting Congress.

...and a lot of those are undo the EOs Trump signed while he was in office. Were Republicans this opposed to EOs prior to Inauguration Day?

You're right, though- I think Biden's issuing too many EO's, I think we'd be better off pivoting to legislation. And any member of Congress, R or D, could introduce a farm aid package. Frankly, there aren't a lot of Democrats being elected in rural, agricultural states- so it may be in their blind spot. If Republicans craft an aid package and Democrats balk- then I think it's fair to criticize Democrats. But right now, Republicans are sitting on their hands, because complaining about a problem is more important than fixing it.

And in fairness, Republicans aren't making it easy to come together. Biden's catching flak for freezing the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (which puts money in farmer's pockets), and for ramming through the CARES Act (which puts money in farmer's pockets). Instead of saying no to everything, even if it contradicts what they just said, it'd be much easier to work with Republicans if they'd give anyone any idea what it is they actually want.

@tehobie at this point I am thinking you are a younger man in age who inherited your grandfather's farm? I hope you can make a go of it because it is hard to do. What are you harvesting or are you just doing hay?

It's extremely tough- I don't even consider myself "a farmer," just dabbling. It was a cow-calf operation mainly, pasture and a little corn for feed. Really only turned a profit the years they could do a timber sale, selling off white oak, black walnut, and cherry. And really, that was...twice, maybe, in fifty years. Grandpa always had a job or two that actually paid the bills, he just farmed because that's how he grew up, and what he loved to do.

Right now, we rent out pasture and sell the hay. Aunt lives in the old farmhouse where she's spent most her adult life, I think when she's ready to move on, I'll move down there full-time. But, there's a whole lot to learn in the meantime.

But yeah, it's hard- it's hard for people brought up on the farm who know exactly what they were doing, much less the folks who didn't grow up what that immediate, firsthand exposure. But it's fun, too- my day job's pretty abstract, and it's rewarding putting in a long weekend managing fields and forests and being able to see changes and progress.

It's extremely tough- I don't even consider myself "a farmer," just dabbling. It was a cow-calf operation mainly, pasture and a little corn for feed. Really only turned a profit the years they could do a timber sale, selling off white oak, black walnut, and cherry. And really, that was...twice, maybe, in fifty years. Grandpa always had a job or two that actually paid the bills, he just farmed because that's how he grew up, and what he loved to do.

Right now, we rent out pasture and sell the hay. Aunt lives in the old farmhouse where she's spent most her adult life, I think when she's ready to move on, I'll move down there full-time. But, there's a whole lot to learn in the meantime.

But yeah, it's hard- it's hard for people brought up on the farm who know exactly what they were doing, much less the folks who didn't grow up what that immediate, firsthand exposure. But it's fun, too- my day job's pretty abstract, and it's rewarding putting in a long weekend managing fields and forests and being able to see changes and progress.
I am glad you were willing to step up and help your Aunt out. I am sure she appreciates it along with your Grandpa looking down. ;)

Were Republicans this opposed to EOs prior to Inauguration Day? The answer is yes. I think in the real world you and I may get along. . . We have a member here that I do respect, but because he hated Trump and supported Biden, well lets just say he and I will never see eye to eye. I understand that all Dems are not the enemy. My MIL was a die hearted Dem for years, but even she wouldnt vote for Obama. She eventually realized the Democratic party she knew was no longer the same.

Were Republicans this opposed to EOs prior to Inauguration Day? The answer is yes.

I can live with that. Trump was as willing to issue EOs as Biden has been. Both have congressional majorities of the same party, both could- and should- focus on legislating instead of EOs. That's sort of my point- the criticism of Biden is just as valid with Trump.

That's what I don't get. I'm sure you're a decent person @Danil54grl, I just don't see the value of burning bridges over political disagreements. My grandfather I was telling you about- registered Republican, voted for Kennedy, and voted for Nixon. Voted for Reagan, voted for Clinton. Coming up in his time in a rural community it wasn't uncommon to have friends and neighbors and relatives with different political beliefs. People could just disagree, without being screamed at as communists or fascists that were bringing about the end of the world.

It's like that Star Trek post in another thread- in my grandfather's time, everyone was poor. The only thing you had was your reputation. Bad folks were bad because they beat their wives or kids. Bad folks were bad because they didn't take care of their livestock, or their fences, or let their fields grow up in weeds to seed their neighbor's.

Bad folks weren't bad because they voted for the other guy. They just disagreed.

Well folks there is more to come. Traitor Joe's Junta vs. President Trump is the tale of two forgotten peoples.

Trump was elected because the people in the heartland were forgotten by politicians in Washington. Their culture, heroes, economy didn't matter a bit to Washington. Resources and opportunities were directed at the coasts.

Traitor Joe got some votes and subverted others because he vowed to reverse this thinking. His people all live on the two coasts, in big blue cities. Big Blue Cities were totally ignored by Trump, Traitor Joe wanted to reverse Trump's people priorities. Now cities will get the funding (they cannot survive without massive federal funding). It is their leftist culture and heroes which will be advanced and celebrated. And it is their economy which will be prioritized.

Nothing says "economy" more than de-prioritizing farm incomes and shifting the food pyramid to non-traditional foods and making them affordable for city dwellers. It will happen for energy as we all know also. Wall Street will again outsource jobs to the 3rd World. Cheap labor and illegal alien voters will stream in from Mexico. The police will be defunded. The FBI will be out of control, completely unchecked. American laws will be written by lobbyists originating in China.

That's what I don't get. I'm sure you're a decent person @Danil54grl, I just don't see the value of burning bridges over political disagreements.

You are SO condescending. WE KNOW @Danil54grl is a great person. I don't think anyone here wants to even build a bridge with you.

Bad folks weren't bad because they voted for the other guy. They just disagreed.

Yeah, well now, YOUR people want to silence, cancel, set on fire, disarm, put on a list, and send to a "re-education camp" anyone who disagrees with them. I bet if you were on the receiving end of that your attitude would be different.

Fascism - " characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

Fascism - Wikipedia

Defines the left perfectly

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves by attributing them to others.[1] For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target, or a person who is confused will project their own feelings of confusion and inadequacy on other people.

Psychological projection - Wikipedia

The left is calling the right fascist, while doing EXACTLY fascist behavior

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment.[1] It may evoke changes in them such as cognitive dissonance or low self-esteem, rendering the victim additionally dependent on the gaslighter for emotional support and validation. Using denial, misdirection, contradiction, and misinformation, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's beliefs.

Instances can range from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents occurred, to belittling the victim's emotions and feelings, to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim. The goal of gaslighting is to gradually undermine the victim's confidence in their own ability to distinguish truth from falsehood, right from wrong, or reality from delusion, thereby rendering the individual or group pathologically dependent on the gaslighter for their thinking and feelings.

Gaslighting - Wikipedia

Yep, the left again.

Again, with the strawmen.
I don't think anyone here wants to even build a bridge with you.

I wouldn't wear that as a badge of honor.

Yeah, well now, YOUR people want to silence, cancel, set on fire, disarm, put on a list, and send to a "re-education camp" anyone who disagrees with them. I bet if you were on the receiving end of that your attitude would be different.

Fascism - "characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

This is the troublesome double-standard cropping up throughout the right. Trump says in August, before any results have been counted, the only way he could lose is through fraud. He should be president, regardless of who votes for whom. Why isn't that dictatorial power? Why isn't lobbing teargas for the sake of a photo-op forcible suppression of opposition?

All of this occurred well before Election Day. If you cared about any of those stated values, you never would've voted for Trump. If you did so anyway, we can dispense with all the platitudes about dictatorial power and forcible suppression as nothing more than crocodile tears. You don't care enough about those values to hold both sides to the same standard. You don't mind a lil fascism, if it favors "your side."

You're only "oppressed" because so many see through the bullshit.

Latest posts

Back