Best place to shop

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepped123

Reaction score
What store do the people out there think are the best for prepping large amount of supplies

List
Food
Water
Bullets
Blades
Clothes
Ect.

Walmart isn't bad for most. I would avoid most blades there although some SOG products sold there aren't bad but be sure there are quality metals used. Try to avoid all 400 stainless steels although aus8 isn't too bad. They sell ammo there for a fair price. Clothes should be earth tones blacks, tans, browns, greens, but try to avoid military style clothing like camo and BDUs. The last thing you want when SHTF is to be mistaken as military or law enforcement. I'm not saying you shouldn't own any BDUs but i would avoid wearing them at first. Earth tones still work well for camo if needed. Guns, personally I like the Springfield XD 9mm there's one one sale right now that come with a 40 barrel option 2 clips and holster for about 450.00 but I recommend 9mm only. Next would be a rifle and my choice is a 10/22 if you cant kill something with a 22lr you shouldn't be shooting plus ammo is cheap and lightweight. I don't have much of an opinion on long range rifles since none of my combat experience included long range. But a sniper trained buddy of mine swears by the m21 another Springfield gun. I think it shoots 7.62 but i cant be sure. 9mm 22lr and 7.62 are so common that when SHTF they will be some of the last ammo to find and take off others.

food/water: sams, walmart, or any of the big bulk stores is a good place to buy water and food.

ammo: walmart has a lot of bullets for low prices. sometimes, some people dont know how to sell the bullets correctly, and you can get them cheper than the price really is.

blades: academy sell a lot of blades. ask any of the gun sales people, the blades are usually near or next to them, and they can better assis you with that.

clothes: walmart has some inexpensive clothing, but academy might have some cooler stuff. or tactical,

I didn't see much on academy.com that I would buy. Knife selection was poor. Ammo maybe. Gun prices weren't that great either

Latest posts

Back