Best Fixed Blade Knife

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need a pry bar get a pry bar. If you need a axe get a axe . If you need a hammer get a hammer . A good knife is a multi use tool but what it does best is cut stuff . Choose a knife that you can handle well .

Pretty limited range of specialized uses if you ask me when you consider your taking away the 1/4 inch steel back of a bk2 that can be hammered for splitting, striking fire steel , grinding, and leveling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you to an extent . . . I'm just pointing out there there are niche uses for a double-edged blade besides as a weapon.

Im gonna have to say probably my esee 6.

I also like my tops surv tac 7 and my kabar knife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just ordered this knife "on sale" for $23.00 new at Knife HQ.

I plan on carrying it when I figure out how to conceal it with light, summer clothing.

If that knife is the one shown in the attachment, I will have to pass, Made In China.

If that knife is the one shown in the attachment, I will have to pass, Made In China.
"Made in China" can be a good thing. If we ever go to war with China, I wonder if the enemy soldiers will appreciate the irony when they find a "Made in China" logo on a blade that they removed from one of their own dead.

Last edited:
"Made in China" can be a good thing. If we ever go to war with China, I wonder if the enemy soldiers will appreciate the irony when they find a "Made in China" logo on a blade that they removed from one of their own dead.

They won't have to invade if we keep buying from them. I am sure American made steel would be just as offensive to the invaders.

Yes some of their products are. They have a contract to finish then, from what I understand, they are moving their manufacturing to South Africa. Lynn Thompson (Owner of Coldsteel) is sick of China as well.
I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately Chinese manufacturing doesn't have the same standards. I guess that's what you get when you don't pay your workers.

Well I will say that Lynn sets the standard that the knives are made and tests randomly every lot that comes in. He also hires someone who lives there to randomly check on the manufacturing process and make sure no corners are cut. However. He no longer want to do any business with China.

Well I will say that Lynn sets the standard that the knives are made and tests randomly every lot that comes in. He also hires someone who lives there to randomly check on the manufacturing process and make sure no corners are cut. However. He no longer want to do any business with China.
Are you still too occupied with other priorities to make me a magnificent tanto like the one in this thread?

Latest posts

Back