Belts

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
Do any of you wear a belt with attached tools as part of your bug out kit? I have seen on some videos people wearing them with their knife, ferro rod and other tools attached. What is you opinion on this? Is it comfortable? Convenient?

I wear a regular belt with a multi tool on it every day. I honestly think a utility belt with some built in suspenders would be really practical. I do have a woven green belt with a canteen and lots of perforated holes for adding things on it. I’ve never worn it though as it just lives in the bug out bag.

I have a small zipper nylon pouch--originally meant to hold a camera--which has a lot of my EDC stuff. This pouch has a belt loop, and I wear it every day with an ordinary leather belt, and it doesn't look out of place.
1259771532000_IMG_135350.jpg

1259771532000_IMG_135349.jpg

This isn't my exact case (I downloaded the images from the Internet), but it's very close in both size and design.

Walmart carries these cases for about $8.00 to $12.00, or you can get a used one at a thrift shop for one or two dollars.

They are very handy for carrying EDC stuff without looking like a half-assed commando wannabe.

I have a wire saw, cigarette lighter, a folding knife, compass, flashlight, a magnifying glass, a ferrocerium rod, sewing needles and thread, triple antibiotic ointment, a paracord bracelet/wristwatch combo, a survival guide, a small bottle of tincture of iodine (can be used for purifying water of micro-organisms and for disinfecting wounds), a flat multitool, and several other odds and ends.

I also use it to carry all my credit cards, debit cards, driver's license, CCW, and so forth (my pouch has a smaller zipper front pocket that holds my ID).

This is in addition to my swiss army knife (a Swiss Champ) that I usually carry in a pocket, and the Walther PPK/S or Glock 26 that lives in an ankle holster,

I usually carry my two spare magazines in my weak side pocket. I usually load Hydroshock ammo for EDC, and may God forbid that I ever have to pull my carry gun.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I have multiple polymer plastic handcuff keys in my bootlaces? Always on me whenever I wear my combat boots, which is most of the time now.

And no, I don't try to draw attention to myself . . . except through my writing. I don't have an interesting facebook page, and what few online photos such as they exist are decades old, and grainey or distorted . . . with a few exceptions.

So, I'm a quiet, "background kind of guy" in person. I don't have bumper stickers (much less political, deeply religious, or insulting bumper stickers. I've seen ones that say "Go f------ yourself), and I just wonder how cynical people are becoming.

I spend so much time on this damn forum that I've been able to get excellent answers for many (indeed, most) of my prepping questions.

The only other thing I often (but not always) carried is a Cold Steel Kobun style tanto knife. Mine was the cheaper $41.00 blade, but it has still lived up to Cold Steel's reputation of excellence. The synthetic, "Glock-like" polymer grip has yet to even be scratched . . . but it still has a slightly flexible "give" that accomodates my hand quite well. I can't stand Kydex for some reason (maybe because I can be an opinionated, stubborn, and slightly eccentric person), but the sheath that came with this knife is just fine, and perfect for a specific kind of boot-carry under certain situations and circumstances.

Not really a belt but I saw a custom made Leatherman sheath today made from a tanned beaver tail. The guy wants $50 for it so I need to think about it over night.
I could make so many crass jokes about what you just said, but (in keeping with good taste, which I usually don't have) I don't want to get kicked off the forum.

I took the shoulder straps and hip belt off of a well-broken-in old backpack that has been my favorite for years. It has webbing that connects to the belt loops on my trousers to keep them up when my trousers get wet and tend to slide down and eight "D" rings that I can hang various loads from. Currently, I carry four Gatorade bottles full of frozen water. I can use different sacks and loads with the same suspension system. Small loads attached to the suspenders transfer the load to my shoulders. Large bags put the load on my hips. It also has clevis pin attachments for mounting a soft or rigid frame.
Once the suspension system gets broken in I'll use it until I can't repair it anymore.

Latest posts

Back