Being Targeted in a SHTF Enviroment Because You're a Prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This brother actually makes a couple of good points, but obviously he has never been downhill from a pissed off AR-15 owner.......................................also , he does not need to tell a Southern man about clans .;)

Last edited:
Stockpiling IS only for the short term. Banding together and knowing how to live off of the land is LONG term. How many gangs are going to last if they have to feed themselves? How many of them are going to walk into a hail of gunfire or keep marching forward when they see their buddies get blown apart by a booby trap? Not many. There is power in numbers. There is power in keeping a low profile. There is power in learning to live off the land. There ISN'T power in thinking that guns and ammo don't amount to much. Especially when you're talking about people who understand tactics and marksmanship. This man doesn't know about force multipliers, conviction, and people like Alvin York. Those things and people are REAL and are indeed alive and well in the USA. Gangs will be shooting each other and wasting what little ammo they have. Even if their numbers are higher(15-20 people wont't cut it like he thinks they will) there is a conviction factor. Would you rather die trying or die giving up because 15-20 people showed up willing to push their way in? Does he think that preppers are only in 5 and 10 people? He doesn't realize that many(Most?) prepper groups are hoping to be able to care for others and to invite them in to help the situation. If they come with hostilities, they are missing out on a potential life saver.We have entire neighborhoods banding together. We see the people in our areas that we know are trouble now and we know they're going to be trouble then. We're prepping for them, too. He's thinking that a last minute decision to take someone's supplies is going to be successful... An ounce of preparation is worth a pound of medicine. The entire existence of this website and of getting prepping into the public eye is to get like-minded people together. The gangs aren't the only ones that stick together. They might be the only ones that can't see a gift when it's staring them in the face, though. They would be better off approaching and offering their manual labor in exchange for food, supplies, and skills. They have more to gain by being decent than by being hostile. Yet, it is ultimately their decision to make. That threat is real and has been addressed here before. Let it be addressed again and again, because this threat is VERY real in case of ANY emergency. If it's natural disaster, economic collapse, invasion, whatever the scenario... This threat of roving gangs and invader is real. I'm just glad he was "Smart" enough to give us all a heads up on what's coming so we can prepare for this too... Stay calm and stick together...Long Live the Republic.

:america:

if not at least make some duct for cover..then thier traped.and guess what comes next for them.. :) :m4:

In my series I have some super-gangs that emerge and pretty much run things in the streets of a delapidated Los Angeles. However, they, as well as pretty much everyone else, stick to populated areas since the outer zones contain a miriad of dangers. There are some hardcore types that do live outside of the urban areas but not many, and one of my main characters is a straight up prepper. But right now I'd be hard to say what would go down. I'm not sure the general public is organized enough to band into groups that look out for each other. I think the armed groups that are preparing for disasters are where it's at if one is serious about making it.

I'm just wondering if these "thugs" know what to do with raw wheat, corn. etc. . But this is a good post GatherYeAcorns. The time will come and especially the people who live close to the bigger cities. Prepare yourselves and gather in your neighbors and family. If you live at the end of a road, your chances maybe better.

Well said Dani. I'm looking around right now for some good groups in Southern California. Serious ones not those full of clap trap, politics, and other time wasters. People of action like me who are pragmatic about supporting each other through any looming disasters (which seems more and more likely with every passing year).

Thank God for forums such as these where you can connect with like-minded folks who are helpful. What part of TX? I have family down there. Signing off...goodnight all.

Latest posts

Back