Being Prepared while Traveling

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In October Lisa and I are driving to California to visit her dad and getting things set up for Lisa and grand daughter attending the same college next year both will stay with Lisa's Father, we thought about flying but I wanted to have control over the items I will bring and keep with us in the trunk for emergencies/survival were flying it would have been impossible unfortunately I won't bring my firearm (cali has attitudes about this sort of thing). I'll have 5gal water in the trunk 4 days of MRE's/snaks and a backpack with supplies that also would keep us warm and dry with a pretty good first aid kit.

In October Lisa and I are driving to California to visit her dad and getting things set up for Lisa and grand daughter attending the same college next year both will stay with Lisa's Father, we thought about flying but I wanted to have control over the items I will bring and keep with us in the trunk for emergencies/survival were flying it would have been impossible unfortunately I won't bring my firearm (cali has attitudes about this sort of thing). I'll have 5gal water in the trunk 4 days of MRE's/snaks and a backpack with supplies that also would keep us warm and dry with a pretty good first aid kit.
As I posted above, there are lots of things that can be used as a defensive weapon other than firearms. I still think I would travel with a well hidden firearm though. I don't normally condone doing things that are illegal, however when traveling with my family their safety trumps my interpretation of the law. My vehicle is an extension of my home or personal property, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to be prepared to defend it against any one with ill intentions. I kind of feel that gun free zones, wether a building or whole state, are just an invitation to psychos that don't want anyone to be able to defend themselves.

As I posted above, there are lots of things that can be used as a defensive weapon other than firearms. I still think I would travel with a well hidden firearm though. I don't normally condone doing things that are illegal, however when traveling with my family their safety trumps my interpretation of the law. My vehicle is an extension of my home or personal property, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to be prepared to defend it against any one with ill intentions. I kind of feel that gun free zones, wether a building or whole state, are just an invitation to psychos that don't want anyone to be able to defend themselves.

Agree though Lisa's dad has a pretty good firearm collection so it isn't without some protection for us, it's just the 13hr drive, sadly Cali doesn't view the car of an extension of ones home and being up around Berkeley isn't a very gun friendly place with law enforcement.

Latest posts

Back