Beginning of Food Crisis in First World Countries?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch farmers are possibly facing compulsory purchase orders. Yikes! Farms that have been handed down through several generations may be forcibly taken. Any folks in the USA heard about this? I saw it was covered by Australian media but it has been silent here in UK. Gotta get digging to find out what is going on.
So preppers with farms and land ... have you given any consideration to what you might do if they CPO your house/ranch/farm/land/ the like?
I think but am not sure that in the UK parliament passed legislation under the emergency coof laws that homes can be bulldozed. They only need to 'believe' that there is a threat of contagion to act. Rest assured lockdowns will return given time and we might see some of this implemented eventually.
Obviously any land or homes can be taken under war conditions - they already did it here during WW2. Many stately homes were used as barracks and some land was used as landing strips and other stuff like that.
This is what we call 'hedging the bets.' We may get a brand new health crisis and they may push under this guise, maybe climate stuff, or we have WW3 gently simmering and ready to go live if certain desires do not go the way intended.
No matter the play I doubt anyone is going to be left alone on this one.
You may live in a really remote place. You may have all that you need. You may be 100% fine today. But what happens if you are not allowed to keep any of it?
Do you even have a plan B?
Do you know there are some people who have never experienced a full-on, life changing event. Some people have never had their entire life turned upside down. Some people have never lost anything, besides loved ones to death and all that natural stuff. Some folks could not even live through 2020 it was too much and they made their own choice about it all.
From experience, it takes a certain kind of silent, strong, resolve to keep on going when everything you ever worked for is lost. When there is no one to talk to about it. When there is no one to help in any way. When you just have to leave and never return. I would not wish this on my own worst enemy. I have worn these boots and I have walked these miles.
So, without telling the world, have you even considered a plan B?

I would not comply with there CPO iof my land unless is was for my determined price while I'm alive.

Some people have never lost anything,
I have lost or walked away from everything I owned and re-built it all over again already 7 times in life. Others here have gone thru the daily SHTF stuff for decades. WE know why we prep and all have a Plan B, some even C, D and further. We know history, we know weather, we know catastrophes...we know the stupid sheeple in the world around us too. WE are the future if the world ends tomorrow and we will rebuild.
Rant to the sheeple but do not ask us where we are going in our preps, THAT IS TOP SECRET...

“A Governments Warning "We Need 20 Months of Food to Survive Whats Coming"​

In essence the word out of “responsible governments” is Stockpile as much food, water, medicine and ammo as you can.

One leader said, “we have to stock up as there is going to be less and less food around the world”.

He also said, we must have,
Wheat
Salt
Sugar
Corn
for the immediate future.

Learn more here…

Last edited:
the amount of food that is thrown away because its gone overdated in the UK, you'll never convince me there is a food crisis here, more a case of over consumption. plus we have an obesity crisis, there were 1 MILLION hospital admissions in the UK for obesity related health problems in 2020/21.

“A Governments Warning "We Need 20 Months of Food to Survive Whats Coming"​

In essence the word out of “responsible governments” is Stockpile as much food, water, medicine and ammo as you can.

One leader said, “we have to stock up as their is going to be less and less food around the world”.

He also said, we must have,
Wheat
Salt
Sugar
Corn
for the immediate future.

Learn more here…

I increased my food stores to 48 months at the end of 2022. I'm still increasing it, so I can take in more useful people if the opportunity is presented.

I don;t know about that Canadian Prepper. he talks ALOT of "emergency, the world is ending tomorrow" stuff that never transpires.

I did go to the store yesterday for eggs, and they were $6 a dozen, limit two! Heavy Cream is $7 for a quart. There is usually a five dozen box of eggs for about $7. Not now.

Screensho008.jpg

Those that had the insight to know a rural bugout / homestead would be the primary key for survival of a future SHTF event are now seeing their premonition come into reality . In most cases they done without in order to purchase that rural garden dirt and shelter . Now those that lived for the good time of their immediate wants are about to do without as food prices increasingly put their good time living in an ever bearing financial squeeze . Sacrifice will be on the alter either way . This will not get better in two years or even 10 years , so simply storing food is " was " only a temporary reprieve for those unable to produce their own food . Grabbing a bug out bag " abandoning their family "and running off into the bushes ain't going to pan out as being much of a survival technique . Interesting times for those that established their self-sufficiency as they watch the creeping in food and fuel prices devastate the un-prepared .

Last edited:
I increased my food stores to 48 months at the end of 2022. I'm still increasing it, so I can take in more useful people if the opportunity is presented.

You are way ahead of me, and I dare say most folks PP! Well done!!! I’m still working on year two. You do motivate me though. My hubby is my main hindrance. He insists we have enough. Since I’m preppering for over 10 people it takes up a lot of space, which is his issue. I’ve even rented a storage space and filled it to the ceiling. Ugh, I feel confined.

Those that had the insight to know a rural bugout / homestead would be the primary key for survival of a future SHTF event are now seeing their premonition come into reality . In most cases they done without in order to purchase that rural garden dirt and shelter . Now those that lived for the good time of their immediate wants are about to do without as food prices increasingly put their good time living in an ever bearing financial squeeze . Sacrifice will be on the alter either way . This will not get better in two years or even 10 years , so simply storing food is " was " only a temporary reprieve for those unable to produce their own food . Grabbing a bug out bag " abandoning their family "and running off into the bushes ain't going to pan out as being much of a survival technique . Interesting times for those that established their self-sufficiency as they watch the creeping in food and fuel prices devastate the un-prepared .

No doubt, you are spot on! There will come a time when we, the truly prepared, have to deal with the unprepared and their lack of action. I am ever so grateful to have listened to my instincts 11 years ago and bought our now full time homestead. We’ve come such a long way into transforming it into a sustainable place to survive in tough times.

there will always be those who think "nothing bad will happen" but those of us that study human history know bad things happen all the time.
storing food is only a stopgap and if that is all someone does its only suitable for short term events and in the event of something more long term is finite and is only delaying the inevitable.
running off into the woods is not possible in my country, all land is owned by someone and anyway even in a mild climate access to wild food is limited in the wintertime.

You are way ahead of me, and I dare say most folks PP! Well done!!! I’m still working on year two. You do motivate me though. My hubby is my main hindrance. He insists we have enough. Since I’m preppering for over 10 people it takes up a lot of space, which is his issue. I’ve even rented a storage space and filled it to the ceiling. Ugh, I feel confined.

I will likely end up having to feed double what the people I'm planning for, so that puts us about the same.

I will likely end up having to feed double what the people I'm planning for, so that puts us about the same.
This is so true. I have family who are idiots but I wouldn't turn them away.

I plan on giving them the stuff nobody wants, though. (I'm only half joking.)

This is a true concern for those that are prepared . When preparations reach a certain level , the ploy of trying to keep it a secret just isn't likely to be something that can be done . I suspect under the right SHTF scenario I would find a lot of people wanting to move onto our survival grounds . I am mentally prepared " I hope " to turn them away . I am prepping for 14 people as of now and have no inclination to expand to include perhaps 100 more . - I am expecting " an estimation " of about 100 people to arrive next fall to our grounds for a wedding , as the groom said , this site would be hard to beat as for as scenery . - -- A group of about 20 out of state people came last summer . One lady of the group in particular was full of questions about our preparations . - - Amusing to me , we had a lady hiding out from a motorcycle gang staying on our grounds for awhile . She never figured out what was the bases of our group , but thought she was on some kind of couples retreat .

Last edited:
This is a true concern for those that are prepared . When preparations reach a certain level , the ploy of trying to keep it a secret just isn't likely to be something that can be done . I suspect under the right SHTF scenario I would find a lot of people wanting to move onto our survival grounds . I am mentally prepared " I hope " to turn them away . I am prepping for 14 people as of now and have no inclination to expand to include perhaps 100 more . - I am expecting " an estimation " of about 100 people to arrive next fall to our grounds for a wedding , as the groom said , this site would be hard to beat as for as scenery . - -- A group of about 20 out of state people came last summer . One lady of the group in particular was full of questions about our preparations . - - Amusing to me , we had a lady hiding out from a motorcycle gang staying on our grounds for awhile . She never figured out what was the bases of our group , but thought she was on some kind of couples retreat .
Your life sounds so much more interesting than mine. Motor cycle gang hide outs, group pepper retreats, hosting weddings... I don't know how you keep up!

Latest posts

Back