Bees

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband asked me for 2 jars of honey to give to business partners. I said no because I had gone 4 years between good harvests.

Plus my bees have died and I'm waiting for Spring to start over.

He says I am selfish. I say he has zero idea how much work goes into a harvest. Heavy, sticky, messy work.

I'm looking to the future when we may not have access to sugar etc.

Surprise.... I went down to clean the last empty hive today and there were bees flying in and out. Obviously, the last time I checked, they were hiding. I didn't go into the bottom box.

I have scraped hundreds of dead ones out this winter so there can't be many left. I'm going to buy a new hive kit since I have already ordered 3 nucs and paid a deposit. I wasn't properly dressed to check for a queen. Even if I were, I have a really hard time finding her. I need her to wear a crown.

Son and I just did a huge 3 Stooges routine. He tried to push me to the hives in mom's transport chair. Grass was too high and rocky so I ended up in the high weeds trying to get the hives ready for bees.

I look down and I ants crawling all over me. I think I have them in shape. My mentor is bringing them here. Such a nice man. I asked to pay him and he refused. I still owe him balance and I think I will put extra money the envelope and seal it. He won't know until he gets home.

Latest posts

Back