Been a while...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Hello all. Been a while since I've been on the boards, but just a lot of life upheaval lately. On the bad news side, we have to move, as we just can't afford the sky-high taxes on this place anymore. The good news though, is that the value of the house has pretty much doubled, so we can sell and pretty much get a smaller place and be paid off (or at least have a really low mortgage of what's left). Covid deaths among family and friends, my job got outsourced, all kinds of crap, but on another note, my writing is going well, and making a little side money now.

Most places we're looking at have solar, and/or propane tank and generator, well, septic, etc. At least we are getting out of the horse biz. Them folks are just plain nuts. I'm so over those weirdos. Honestly, I'm looking forward to down-sizing (and this old place is just getting too many repairs needed on a regular basis). I mean, just this year, I've replaced the well pump, and then the water tank. Ugh. (and then got laid off the next month, so wasn't that fun).

I'm sure I'll start all new preps at the new place, so probably a little more active here then. :D Hope all are well.

So glad to hear from you Gaz!! We are facing sky high taxes here too and I am currently working full time. I honestly expect to be losing my job soon though with Biden's mandates unless things change. Right now even if I loose my job we would be ok. but we will sell here and down size to our rent property, if need be. I know our property has more than doubled in value since bought which sounds like what you are experiencing. You will probably much happier without a morgage hanging over your head along with all the up keep of the property, stables and horses.

Hello all. Been a while since I've been on the boards, but just a lot of life upheaval lately. On the bad news side, we have to move, as we just can't afford the sky-high taxes on this place anymore. The good news though, is that the value of the house has pretty much doubled, so we can sell and pretty much get a smaller place and be paid off (or at least have a really low mortgage of what's left). Covid deaths among family and friends, my job got outsourced, all kinds of crap, but on another note, my writing is going well, and making a little side money now.

Most places we're looking at have solar, and/or propane tank and generator, well, septic, etc. At least we are getting out of the horse biz. Them folks are just plain nuts. I'm so over those weirdos. Honestly, I'm looking forward to down-sizing (and this old place is just getting too many repairs needed on a regular basis). I mean, just this year, I've replaced the well pump, and then the water tank. Ugh. (and then got laid off the next month, so wasn't that fun).

I'm sure I'll start all new preps at the new place, so probably a little more active here then. :D Hope all are well.

I know I'm more of a newbie here, but I have enjoyed reading your past posts, and discussing NBC/EMP info with you. Keep safe and your powder dry. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Good to know you are OK.
Erqueen75:USA:

Thanks all. We're not totally married to the same area, but at least within an hour's drive would be nice (Family and Friends and all). But hell, even moving out of state may not be bad. Wife works remotely, and I'm looking to do the same (I DID lose my job due to Biden's policies)...but some decent prospects. I'm over commuting after a year and a half of NOT doing it.

You will probably much happier without a morgage hanging over your head along with all the up keep of the property, stables and horses.

I think so, just hard to get the wife to see it that way. I am so over dealing with horse people. (and the physical work involved in it)

Thanks all. We're not totally married to the same area, but at least within an hour's drive would be nice (Family and Friends and all). But hell, even moving out of state may not be bad. Wife works remotely, and I'm looking to do the same (I DID lose my job due to Biden's policies)...but some decent prospects. I'm over commuting after a year and a half of NOT doing it.

I think so, just hard to get the wife to see it that way. I am so over dealing with horse people. (and the physical work involved in it)
Your wife may just have a deep emotional attachment with your home and is why she is not ready to move on. Lots of memories are made at home. . . It's easier to recall when in the same surrounding. Just remember, men and women think differently. Men tend to think more logically and women more emotionally, at times.

Good to hear from you. It's certainly been a tough 18 months. Hope y'all are able to find the right place that suits your needs and that you get a new & better job.

Latest posts

Back